Chapter Twenty Nine - Seattle News

-Jackie-

I stood holding Edward's waist as I listened to the news about Seattle.

"Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active new serial killer...."

"It's getting worse, we're gonna have to do something."

"It takes more than one of our kind to do the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. And they're undisciplined, conspicuous?" Jasper commented

"It's newborns."

"As in new vampires?" Bella asked

"In the first few months after the change." Edward stated

"That's when we're our most uncontrollable. Vicious. Insane with thirst." Jazz continued.

"Something to look forward too." Emmett teased

"No one's trained these newborns, but it isn't random."

"They're creating an army." Carlisle concluded

"Well, now we're defiantly going to Seattle."Emmett said

"An army of vampire." I sigh. Of course, how unoriginal. Living with Elijah and Nik made any attempt for power seem silly. No one could match up to their tactics.

"And they've been made to fight someone." Jazz stated

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle"

"Regardless, of why they were made. If we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long."

"Maybe they're behind it." Edward thought "In Italy I read Aro's mind. He wants me, Alice and Jasper to join him. But he know we'll never choose him as long as our family's still alive."

"An army could solve that for him." Jasper finished. The approaching battle with them was growing ever more realistic.

----

"Bella and I finally got back home. I sat down at the table with Cleo at my feet.

"Hey, did you eat dinner yet?" I asked my Dad. He let out a deep sigh

"No, I haven't. This poor kid. Riley Biers went missing over a year and his poor parents have been papering Seattle with these things ever since."

"You think they should just give up?" Bella wondered.

"Well I wouldn't if it was either of you. Not ever."

-----

"I have to figure out what to tell everyone here, when I don't come home. Christmas, Easter. Holidays in general."

"I would say it gets better because everyone you know will be dead. But I'm talking to a girl who runs with nightwalkers."

"There not that bad. Then again they like me." I sigh

"Be honest, why don't you want me to change?"

"I know the consequences of this choice you're making. I've lived through it and to let you suffer like that... You believe I have a soul, and I don't. But to risk yours for the sake of never having to lose you, that's the most selfish thing I'll ever do." I kissed him

"I was beginning to think you thought I'd be too different. Wouldn't smell the same or something." he ran his thumb over my cheek.

"You will always be my Jacqueline" I smiled and snuggled into him.

"My Jacqueline just less fragile."

"Have you met me? I would  hardly call me fragile" he chuckled

"Okay, My Jacqueline more feisty."

"Humm better."

---------

The girls and I went shopping, the next day planning to have a sleepover at mine.

"Alice is organising a graduation party, and I'm inviting you all."

"Hummm, party. I could use a party. No one parties here." Elena looped her arm through mine

"You know a party needs a new dress. Don't worry Jack, we'll find you a stunning one." I was made to try on several dress till one was given all their approval.

I laughed at the others as we were talking about the boys. It made me blush some of the stories they told. It was fun until we heard shouting going on outside. We went to see what was going on. Dad was breaking a fight between Jasper and Jacob.

"What's going on?" Dad asked  and there was a thick silence

"I kissed Bella." Jacob admitted "Then she broke her hand, punching my face." there were some snorts amongst me and my friends "Total misunderstanding."

"She should go see Carlisle." I spoke up "I'm going with. Be back in a bit."

"Just so you know we'll go snooping through your room." Bekah chimed

"So, nothing to hide. They don't call me St Stefan." I smirk at them

"Cleo" I called she came trotting out as Elena handed me her harness.

-----

"It's just a sprain, it should heal in no time." Carlisle tod my sister

"What did you do, chew gum and walk at the same time" Emmett teased

"I punched a werewolf." Bella told him

"Badass. You two are gonna be tough little newborns."

"Tough enough to take you on." I smirk. Rosalie got up and left slamming the door behind her.

"Don't worry about it."

"Can someone take me back. I have to make sure no one has trashed my room."

"Let's go." Edward took me back where the others were waiting.