Chapter Thirty Three - Mountains

Bella and I pricked my finger and smudged our scents on little things to lead them to the field

"You're being a little eccentric." I heard Edward

"I'm being through, if this is the only thing I can do, then it has to be right." I reply.

"The newborns will be frantic." he lifted my hand up.

"It's okay, don't make yourself uncomfortable." I pull my hand away.

"I no longer bothers me."

"Since when?"

"Since I spent 24 hours thinking you were dead. Your wearing your ring?"

"Of course though it's covered up by my gloves. Why."

"I thought you might wanna take it off."

"I'm not Bella, I have nothing to hide."

"Who has something to hide?" Paul asked.

"None of your business."

"Alice said there is a storm coming."

"Yeah, I can feel it." He replied

"I'll see you in a couple of hours." He kissed my head and left.

"Right, let's do this." I was lifted up and Paul took off running. A couple of hours later we arrived up in the mountain. I was put down and went to Edward.

"Is Bella here yet?"

"Not, yet."

"Thank you."

"Whatever." Paul left and we waited for Bella, who was not far behind me.

"You should get back down there." Bella told Jacob.

"I'm staying here, you'll need my connection to the pack."

"You're not fighting."

"Seth will spell me in the morning. He's not happy about missing the action, but it'll keep him out of trouble."

"Lets' get you inside." Bells and I were taken to the big tent that they boys had set up

-----

It was beyond freezing during the night of the storm. Bella and I laid in the same sleeping bags trying our best to warm each other.

"We should have chosen a sight lower down." Edward sighed

"No, it's okay." I chattered, holding on to my sister

"What can I do?" Jasper asked. The tent opened and Jacob came in.

"I can't concentrate with all the teeth chattering."

"Eat me." I whimpered. There was a lapse in silence

"No way." Edward denied

"What?" Jasper asked

"They may need their toes one day."

"Get your hands of me."

"Keep your hands off them." Jasper sneered

"Don't fight." Bella pleaded.

"It's on you if they get sick." I felt the covers move and Jacob separate us. Although he was complete annoying. His warmth was a comfort.

"Gosh, you two are freezing. Don't worry you'll warm up in no time. Be a lot quicker if you took your clothes off."

"Jake" "Pervert" Bella and I replied

"Survival 101." During the night, I finally fell asleep.

-3rd Person-

"During the night Jasper and Jacob talked about who was better for Bella. Jacob rightly stated if he stayed away and extra 6 months he could have made her happy.

"Neither of you get it." Edward butted in.

"Jacob there is no happy human Bella. Because we're not the only vampires in existence. We're not the only ones and Jackie is friends with them. I'm not happy for the fact that a human life is not enough for her. But having them here, seeing how Jackie is with them. There is only one ending. If I said no, Jacqueline would leave, she would have one of them turn her just on principal. Then she would come back and turned her sister." He explained

"I can't read their thoughts but I can read their actions. They love us, but their bond far outweighs their love. If one had the gift the other will have it too. I don't want them to become like us. It's the last thing we want, but either way. It will happen."

"You don't know that."

"But I do. I'm not gonna force her to do anything ever again. I tried that once and It nearly killed us both."

"Yeah that I remember"