Chapter Fifty Two - Crystal Clear

We were in the car on our way to Dad's

We were in the car on our way to Dad's. I sat in the back with the children. (car is a six seated). I was showing them my gift while Jacob and Bella talked. When we arrived the kids got out of the car and ran up to him.

"Hey." He hugged them all "Wow look at you, you grown half a foot?" he asked them and they nodded

"Seriously 6 inches."

"Come inside, lunch is on the table." Sue smiled as she wrapped a arm around Dad.

"We've actually got a few errands to run, guys. We'll be back soon." I got in the passenger seat and we left for Seattle. We arrived at a restaurant.

"We have a meeting with J. Jenks." I told the clerk.

"Of course, this way." He lead us to a man in his 50s waiting for us.

"Mrs Cullen? Mrs Hale."

"Cullen Hale." I confirmed pointing to me and Bella.

"Of course. Please" We took our seats across him.

"I always meet my clients here, it's more comfortable that the office."

"And more public." Bella added he laughed impressed.

"So what type of work do you do J?" I asked

"Oh, you know. This and that which keeps it interesting." he told me

"Have you know Alice long?"

"I met Miss Cullen through your husband Mr Hale. I've been working with them for nearly 20 years. and my late partner knew Jasper 25 years before that, he us uh...Unusually well preserved."

"Yes, he is." Bella replied evenly.

"I trust Miss Cullen is enjoying her vacation."

"Did she tell you where she was going?" he shook his head

"No she just mentioned that she was leaving when she came to place his order."

"I presume his order is ready."

"Of course. I've never been late with delivery." he slid over two envelopes I opened it and took out four passports. For the kids, Rebekah and Seth.

"Something wrong."

"No. I assumed that it was the whole family would be travelling." I slipped the contents back

"Alice said only six were travelling. She was very clear."

" It's our mistake. Apparently I was wrong." We finished up and left. I looked out of the window. Alice vision was clear. Mason and Elizabeth would have a future. But Edward and I wouldn't be apart of it.  We picked up the children and took them back home. I smiled as they told us everything that they did.

When we got back they ran to their Dad's who were talking with Eleazar and Carlisle.  Edward smile at me and I gave him one in return.

I grabbed two rucksacks out of the wardrobe and filled them with passports and money.

My Beautiful Mason and Elizabeth .

I wish that things were different. I wish that I could be with the two of you and watch as you grown and become wonderful adults. But Alice's vision was clear. You will have a future, just not with me and your father. Know that I love the both of you and you are my world. Rebekah and Seth will look after you. Be good, Be kind, Be loving and know I am always with you no matter what.

Your loving mother

Jacqueline

--------

It was Christmas. The whole family was a Dad's house, but the future of our broken family swirled around in mine and Bella's thoughts. Edward wrapped his arms around me as I watched the snow.

"The snow's sticking." I mutter

"At least we have today." He kissed my cheek. I look at Dad an Sue who are in the kitchen

"I'm happy he's found someone. He deserves it.

"Hey, no one's giving up."

"Okay, present time. Seth, Leah. Stop eating. Jake you start things off." I turned and joined everyone.

"Dad we didn't have time to wrap your but here it is." Bella handed him a ticket

"It's a five day fishing trip to Frazer river. It's for you and Sue."

"You leave tomorrow." Jasper added

"Wow, that's really nice. Thank you."

"And it also goes with our present new fishing gear. I know you've been talking about getting some for a while. Now you don't have too." I pointed to the large bag of stuff.

"Very nice and Expensive. Tomorrow, I can't leave tomorrow."

"I've made arrangements for you at work" Sue added. We had told her what was going on she was happy to help us keep him safe.

"Sneaky and extravagant."

"And non refundable, I'm afraid." Jasper smiles.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" I bit my lip "Cause it's working." He chuckles. He mentioned cutthroat.

"Maybe even some rainbow or some bulls."  Sue sat with our Dad

"Woman knows her trout." I knelt in front of Lilibet and Mason handing them both presents. They opened them.

--------