Chapter Thirty Four - Victoria

"Jacob. Jacob, wait!" I heard Bella shouting as I came out of the tent.

"What's going on?" I asked

"Jacob found out about Jasper and Bella's engagement. Edward informed me as he slipped his hands around my waist.

"Oh, right." I nod "Is this a bad time to say congratulations?"

"No, but thank you. And my congratulations to you."

"How?"

"The ring."

"Of course." Edward leant down to my ear.

"We should give them a moment." I nodded and he took me away. We were talking when Edward told me the fight had begun. We told Jasper and Bella.

"The Orginals are there, and they're good." He told me. I smiled a little hoping that they would be okay.

"Jacob just arrived. He's good." He gave us updates about what was going on.

"Is someone hurt?" Bella asked

"She's close, I can hear her thoughts. Seth go." Seth left and it was just the four of us .

"She knew we weren't there, but she caught our scent. She knew you'd be with us." Edward put his arm in front of me in defence

"She found us." I breathed

"She's not alone." Footsteps came towards us.

"Riley listen to me. Victoria's just using you to distract me. She knows I'll kill you." There was a loud thud and I presumed Victoria had arrived.

"Infact she'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore."

"Don't listen to them, Riley. I told you about their mind tricks." she weaved her web of lies through her words

"I can read her mind so I know what she thinks of you."

"He's lying."

"She only created to avenge her true mate, James. That's the only thing she cares about not you." How was he not getting that. Was her hook in him that strong

"There's only you. You know that.".

"Think about it, you're from Forks, you know the area. That's why she chose you. She doesn't love you. I can read her emotions and it's not love." Jasper told him

"Riley, don't let them do this to us. I love you." There was a long pause

"You're dead." He came to attack us but Seth came out, surprising him. He screamed in pain.

"You won't get another chance like this again." Jasper called I heard her hiss. Edward left me but Bella took my arm

"You want them." Edward stated "You want us to feel the pain you felt when we killed James, when we tore him to pieces."

"When we turned him into ash, when we turned him into nothing." Jasper taunted. She roared in anger. They fought, Bella pulled me back when Victoria got close.

"Come." Edward pulled me along. When he let go I backed away.

"They're losing we need to do something." Bella stresses. "Wait, your pocket knife where is it?"

"How do you.."

"I'm your twin, I know everything." I pulled it out of my back pocket and handed it to her. She let out a little gasp

"Cut your arm." I did and there was hisses.

"It worked we distracted them." She breathed. Seth came back in and took Riley.

"Victoria! Victoria!" I heard him yell. I felt pity, created for what he thought was love but was only a pawn. There was a sickening crack. and Edward gasping. Once he calmed down he came over to me and ripped a part of my shirt. to wrap around my arm.

"Something's wrong." I stated feeling the air change.

"Alice needs us to go." He took the lighter out of my back pocket. Seriously how do they know I carry this stuff. I ran onto the field.

"Elijah." I hugged him, glad that he and everyone else was safe.

"You're hurt." he bit into his hand and fed me his blood.

"How long?" Jasper asked. I pulled away and wiped my mouth

"A few minutes, maybe 10."

"The Wolves and Orginals need to leave. The Volturi won't honour a truce with them."

"We're not leaving Jackie." Rebekah protested

"It's alright, I promise." There was almighty growling as I sensed another vampire.

"Leah, don't!" Edward yelled. Whining rang through, Jacob was hurt.

"Jacob." We ran over. My sister was clearly upset. The bones on his right side were shattered. But there wasn't time.

"We need to get him out of here, we're not going to win a fight with the Volturi."

"Speak for yourself, mate."

"Shut it Kol." I slapped his chest. They took him away.

"You need to go too."

"What about you?" Hayley asked

"I'll be fine. Just go." They sped off so it was just me my sister and the Cullens.

"They're coming." The power that they oozed, seeped ahead of them.

"Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact." Jane spoke.

"We were lucky." Carlisle replied

"I doubt that." She retorted

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight." Alec chimed amused

"Yes, it's not often we're rendered unnecessary." Jane replies

"If you arrived a half hour ago, you would have fulfilled your purpose." Edward retorted

"Pity...you missed one."

"We offered her asylum in return for her surrender." Carlisle told the female vampire

"That wasn't yours to offer." said Jane "Why did you come?" The newbie vampire screamed in pain, who created you?" The girl screamed louder.

"You don't need to do that. She'll tell you anything you want to know." Esme made Jane stop.

"I know."

"I don't know, Riley didn't tell us, he said our thought weren't safe." She whimpered

"Her name was Victoria. Perhaps you knew her." Jasper implied

"Jasper, if the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would have stopped her. Isn't that right Jane." Carlisle the fair stepped in.

"Of course. Felix."

"She didn't know what she was doing, we'll take full responsibility for her." Esme's voice cracked

"Just give her a chance."

"The Volturi don't give second chances. Keep that in mind. Caius will be interested to know, they're still human."

"The date is set." I told her.

"Take care of that, Felix. I'd like to go home." Felix went past us. I blocked out the whimpers and screams as she was killed.