Distracting

Megan's POV //

Megan : W-WHAT?!?!?!

I sat there shocked at what he was saying. I was lost for words. Did he mean it?!?? Could I really go with him?!?!

He started laughing at my reaction making me even more happy.

Megan : you mean.....me? Going on tour?!?! WITH YOU?!?!?!

Martinus : yes, do you want to?

Megan : OF COURSE!!!

I jumped on top of him, giggling. I wrapped my arms around him giving him a big hug and probably suffocating him in the process. I was too excited now!! Loads of thoughts were racing through my mind of what it would be like to go on tour with him. Travelling to new countries everyday with the one I love?!?! I would be living the dream!!!!!

But then......reality hit me. I couldn't just go off on tour with him! I've got exams coming up and I don't even know if I'm allowed to go yet. Plus mum's ill and I would be too worried leaving her for that long. It's all very exciting but we needed to face the facts.

My mood changed in an instant when I realised what I would leave behind. I sat up from Martinus who's face was full of concern.

Martinus : what is it?!?!

Megan : no it's just.....thanks for the offer but I don't think I can go.....

As much as I hated to say it it had to be done. I can't just hop on a plane and go touring around Europe.

Martinus : what why!?!?!

He sat up on the bed looking for answers.

Megan : well first of all I don't even know if I'm allowed.

Martinus : I asked your parents before I came and they said it was a great idea!

Megan : really?

Martinus : yes!

Megan : well.....I also have tons of exams coming up that are kinda important.

Martinus : you'll have time to do them when you get back and you can also study on the plane.

Megan : I can't go Martinus I'm sorry.

Martinus : why though?!?!

Megan : i don't know it's just......I wouldn't like to leave my mum when she's like this...

Martinus : oh.....

Megan : I'm sorry, you know how much I would love to come but I just wouldn't be able to leave her. We don't know how long she has left and so I want to spend every last second she has with her.

Martinus : I understand, but she's alright with you going.

Megan : she might be ok with it but I'm not.....

Martinus looked down disappointed. I felt bad. He probably organised the whole thing and was expecting me to jump at the idea of going with him but I just couldn't do it. As much as I wanted to go I just couldn't. The full time I would be worrying about mum and not experiencing it to the full.

The room fell silent so I decided to start my homework. Martinus lay flat on my bed thinking to himself. Every so often I'd look over at him deep in thought until he caught sight of me.

Megan : I'm sorry Martinus, I don't know what else to do.

Martinus : it's fine, I was really excited for you to come and experience it with me but it's your decision. I'm not gonna force you to come.

Megan : thanks.

He gave me a reassuring smile that was so obviously forced but I was glad he understood. He knows how much I love my mum.

Megan : can we just not talk about it anymore.

Martinus : yeah, what homework you doing?

He moved closer to me looking at what was on my laptop.

Martinus : oh chemistry, I would help but I'm not very good at it and I don't think you'd want me to.

I laughed.

Megan : it's ok, I'm actually not bad at chemistry. It's more biology I struggle with.

Martinus : yeah not good at that either.

Megan : what are you good at then?!?! Aha

Martinus : oyy!  I'm good at English!

Megan : oh yeah. What else??

Martinus : emmm........

Megan : my point exactly!

Martinus : ok I admit I'm not very good at school.

Megan : maybe just stick to the stage, your good at that. Aha

Martinus : yeah ahaha

I continued doing my homework with great difficulty with Martinus distracting me the full time. He kept wanting to cuddle but I had to finish. It was for tomorrow so I didn't have a choice.

Megan : I'll be done in about 15 minutes.

Martinus : ugh that's too long!!!!

Megan : well blame my chemistry teacher for giving me so much homework.

Martinus : I will, I'll give her a right shouting at tomorrow for not giving us time to cuddle.

Megan : well if you'd stop complaining I might be done quicker!

Martinus : fineee

He shuffled closer to me on the bed.

Martinus : you done yet?

Megan : nope.

Martinus : now?

Megan : no.

Martinus : what about now?

Megan : Martinus!

Martinus : well your teacher will just have to deal with it cause I'm not resisting you any longer!

He kissed me pulling me down on the bed with him. I giggled at his childishness. He continued kissing me and wouldn't let go.

Megan : Martinus, I really need to finish my homework!!

Martinus : nope, I've not seen you in what feels like eternity and I think we deserve some time together.

Megan : ugh fine, you've persuaded me.

We both laughed in between kisses. I had missed this boy so much and to have him back was the best feeling ever. Even though I couldn't go on tour with him it was just good to have him here now even if it was just for one night.

We continued giggling and rolling about on the bed until we eventually calmed down and I was in his arms. I had smiled so hard that my cheeks were hurting. My head was resting on his chest and his arms were wrapped around me. He kissed me on the forehead. Such a small gesture yet it felt so sweet and meaningful.

Martinus : I love you.

Megan : I love you too.

Martinus : no, I mean it. I love you with every ounce of my being. I hope you realise your importance not only to me, but to everyone who has been lucky enough to know you. I hope you know that when you're feeling down, I only ever strive for your happiness. I hope you remember that no matter what, I'm here for you even if I am 3242km away.

Megan : did you count?

Martinus : of course! I hope you recognise the fact that I appreciate and adore you with all my heart and I don't plan on changing that.

Megan : I don't deserve you.

I smiled as I snuggled in.