Surprise!

Megan's POV ///

Megan : w-w....

I attempted words but they just couldn't quite make it out of my mouth. What were they all doing here!?! I never in a million years thought they would fly over half the world to see me, to talk to me. Only true friends would do that.

I felt so happy to see them all again. Even Martinus' being there made me feel so overjoyed. The fact they flew all the way over here means they care about me and it made me feel all warm inside.

Lara : surprise!

I walked towards them with a gleaming smile spread across my face.

I scanned all their familiar faces from Lara, Amy, HRVY, Marcus, Martinus and.....that's when I noticed her. She was slightly hidden behind Martinus but I knew exactly who it was. My once stunned but happy face turned to a betrayed, sickened one.

Megan : what is she doing here!?!

Charlene looked down at her feet, obviously she was expecting that reaction from me. Well, how else am I supposed to react!?! She just kissed my bloody boyfriend!

Martinus : look, we need to show you something.

He took a step forward in my direction but I was having none of it. I didn't want to hear another excuse come from his mouth especially Charlene's. I backed away.

Megan : I-I need the toilet.

Amy : no Megan, you're gonna wanna see this one.

Megan : no I genuinely need the toilet or I'm gonna pee myself.

It was true. I did need the toilet. I was just glad to get out of that situation for a while to think through what to do. So much had happened tonight and so my brain was just so confuzzled.

Marcus : oh ok then you better go.

Megan : yeah thanks.

I ran to the bathroom. As I was sitting on the toilet thoughts raced through my head. What could they possibly say that would be a reasonable excuse for what they did to me? What could they possibly say for me to forgive both of them and for things to go back to the way they were? I wasn't convinced but I advised myself to have an open mind.

When I walked out the bathroom they were all still there but this time sitting in the waiting room. Did I really take that long? I checked my watch and realised I had been in there for over 20 minutes. Oops.

They all got up, frantically.

HRVY : took your time!

Megan : yeah sorry, it was a number two.

I cringed when I said that. One, because everyone in the full waiting room, around 10 people, went quiet when I said it meaning they all heard. And two, because I was just way too nervous for some reason that I was weirdly blurring stuff out that I would never say Ona day to day basis.

I was however reassured by there sudden outbursts of laughter. You see, that's why I'm friends with them ; they understand me and my weirdness.

Martinus then uttered for Charlene to do something which made me intrigued. She then took out her phone and began to find something on it.

Martinus : look, I'm so so sorry that this had to happen. I would never in a million years even dream of hurting you.

I crossed my arms.

Martinus : just listen to this and you might think differently.

Charlene then walked towards me and gave me her phone. She pressed play and suddenly dave's voice was blurting out. I continued to listen and realised it was a conversation between him and Charlene.

I looked up at Charlene who was fiddling with her wristband. I then looked at the others who were all staring at me intensively. I went back to listening and suddenly caught something that made me gasp.

It was him! All this time it was him who was ordering Charlene about! Telling her when to flirt with Martinus and paying her for it all! Despite knowing Dave hated my guts, I never thought he'd go this far to ruin our relationship.

"Dave : She was just a total waste of space, no one even liked her!"

I knew Dave thought these things but it hurt hearing him say them. A tear fell from my eye. Martinus saw that I was getting upset and pressed the pause button.

Martinus : I'm so sorry.

I stood there for a moment as the information gradually sinked in. None of this was any of the people standing before me's fault. They were all good people and I was so lucky to have them all.

I spread my arms out wide and wrapped them around Martinus. My stomach fluttered at the feeling of my body pressed against his. I sunk into the warmth of his side, so overly relieved to be in his arms once again. His touch made the room warmer somehow, the sense of security. Like I had finally come home.