Goodbye

Megan's POV //

It was morning now. Martinus was in the bathroom and I was still in bed scrolling through my phone like always. It was 10:00am so we only had a couple of hours until our flight.

I was so excited for the tour. Not really for the flight as i've never been on a plane before but I'll cope. It can't be that bad? It's just a car but in the sky going about 5x the speed! Ok, I'm pretty scared but I'll just have to deal with it. It's only about a 2 hour flight. I'll be brave!

The door opened revealing Martinus. I lay down my phone and did a dramatic stretch, yawning, and sitting up on the bed wiping the sleep away from my eyes.

Martinus : someone's tired.

Megan : what, who?

I looked around jokingly.

Megan : no, I just didn't sleep very well last night.

Martinus : why not?

He began putting deodorant on whilst I continued to not do anything.

Megan : don't know.

He looked round at me.

Megan : guess I'm a bit nervous....

Martinus : what of?

He sat on the bed next to me giving me his full attention. I took a deep breath, ready to confess.

Megan : I-I've never been on a plane before.

Martinus : oh Megan, don't worry about that.

Megan : what's it like?

Martinus : it's fun, in fact it's an adventure!! You take off and it's all exciting cause your off somewhere you've never been to. You forget your even on a plane after a while.

Megan : do your ears pop?

Martinus : ahaha yeah but it's the best feeling ever.

Megan : will you hold my hand when we take off?

Martinus : of course, I'll be by your side the whole way!

Megan : don't ever leave me.

Martinus : never.

---------

It was time to leave now. I was ready to say goodbye to mum and dad before kjell Erik and us go to pick Lara and Marcus up from Lara's house to go to the airport.

Lara and I texted for ages last night talking about the tour and how exciting it was. She told me how Marcus was at her house when she got back from school and she nearly had a heart attack cause he jumped out at her. I was laughing at my phone when I read that bit.

She'd been on a plane before to tons of places so she obviously wasn't scared. She was trying to reassure me that's its fine. Her advice was "I've been on a plane loads of times and I'm not dead yet!"

Thanks Lara thanks. She just had to use the word 'yet' making me feel so much better. But that's Lara for you.

My bag was fully packed and I had everything organised so Martinus and I went downstairs ready to go. We were greeted by mum and dad in the hallway both close to crying. I was hoping they wouldn't cause then I would start.

Dad : you all ready then?

Megan : yup.

I dumped my very big and full bag on the floor next to the door.

Mum : right, make sure you don't leave or lose anything cause you don't have me to look after you!

Megan : I won't mum.

Mum : and make sure you have your phone on you, charged, at all times so you can text me!

Megan : I will.

Mum : oh and don't forget to wash cause you'll be on a bus and plane quite a lot of the time so you may forget.

Megan : mum.

Mum : and don't be drinking out at parties!

Megan : mum, you know me!

Mum : I know I'm just worried about you.

Martinus : I assure you there won't be any alcohol, certainly not with my dad around!

Megan : see, I'll be fine.

Mum : I know, it's just my job to worry. Just you go and have fun.

Megan : I will.

I went in for a hug as a tear escaped my eye. I wiped it away before letting go. I then hugged dad who wasn't as emotional aha.

Megan : I'm gonna miss you.

Dad : we'll miss you too.

I gave them one last smile before going out to the car. They stood by the door, waving, as we drove off.

--------

We reached Lara's house, with the both of them waiting by the door for us. As soon as they saw us they said goodbye and ran up to the car with their faces beaming.

Marcus : well who's ready for this?!??

We all cheered as they got in and we drove off. Martinus looked down at me excited. The start of the adventure had begun.