A good one

Megan's POV ///

I hate waiting. In fact I'm pretty sure I despise the thing. Waiting for the train to get to your station so that you can begin your journey. Waiting for your favourite tv show to come back with a season 2 so that the story can continue. Waiting for summer so that you can relax and forget about work or school.

Only, when you finally make it to the thing you've been waiting for, all there is is more waiting. Waiting until your train gets to your destination. Waiting for a season 3 as you've finished the second one in one night. Waiting for next summer cause this one's already ended.

Life is just a waiting game. It's so pointless. Hours and hours wasted because you've been waiting for something better. But what if there's nothing better? What if you're life is the best it's gonna get and your just waiting for nothing? I just hate waiting, ok?

In this case I WAS waiting for something. The only thing was that I didn't know what.

It was another half hour until one of the doctors came and spoke to us. Why do they do that? Why do they just ignore you like you're some empty packet of crisps on the side of the road?

It would take a mere 5 minutes to explain what was happening and I'd be happy. Well, happy depends on the explanation of course.

We all sat in silence in the corridor until the door suddenly swung open and one of the doctors walked out. We all stood up in a flash.

The doctors expression was blank. He wouldn't give anything away. Usually I was quite good at reading people but not this time. Perhaps it was because of his training in 'not giving anything away faces' that every doctor seemed to be a expert in, or perhaps it was because I was not my usual self to be able to read him.

There was a prolonged silence. I was desperate. Desperate to know what had happened but he wasn't saying anything! What is wrong with him!?

Doctor : I'm sorry you had to wait out here for so long but we needed to deal with the situation immediately.

Dad : what situation?

His voice was calm. Surprisingly calm.

Doctor : during the operation we went through some difficulties which led to you're wife becoming seriously ill.

My mouth was open. Eyes wide. My breathing heavy.

Doctor : she must have lost too much blood and so resulted in becoming unconscious. We have never encountered this during this specific operation before.

We all continued to wait patiently to hear if she was actually ok or not.

Doctor : Although, we did manage to get her back up to speed and she's awake and well now.

He smiled. My full body relaxed as I exhaled in relief.

Dad : so did the operation work then?

Doctor : we are still monitoring it but we think she will only get better from now on. The operation seemed to help a lot for the long term but she will remain poorly for the next couple of weeks.

Megan : can we see her?

Doctor : yes of course.

He opened the door, letting us all through one by one. When I walked in a beaming smile spread across her face. That's when I knew she was gonna be ok.

Megan : mum!

I ran over and hugged her tight and so did dad.

Mum : wow, easy!

Megan : sorry aha did you hear the news?!?

Mum : no, what news?

She smiled knowingly, giving away that she did in fact know exactly what the news was but wanted me to say it anyway.

Megan : you're gonna be ok, the operation worked, you're gonna get better!!

Mum : isn't it a miracle!

I couldn't help but smile. I had never been so relieved to see my mum. A few minutes passed full of tears and smiles.

Mum : right, now that I'm gonna be ok, you guys need to go!

For a moment I was confused. What was she talking about?

Megan : what?

Mum : get back on tour! Get that man fired as soon as possible!!

My face lit up at the thought. It was finally time. Time to ruin this guys life for the better!

—————-

It was later that day and we were on the flight to Tromsø, Norway for the last ever moments tour concert! Kjelle Erik had booked us all a private jet cause there was no direct flights available until tomorrow and the concert is tonight.

Megan : this is so cool!!!

Martinus smiled down at my excitement. For him it's nothing but for me it's like a completely different world.

He then took out his phone and clicked on instagram. There were hundreds of notifications coming in but he ignored them and went straight to his photos. He then clicked on a picture which was of him and Marcus that was taken on the way to the airport earlier that day.

I watched tentatively as he typed the caption for the picture.

"Our second home!❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 we are very sorry that we cancelled so many concerts these last few days, we had an emergency. But we're back at it  again tonight in Tromsø!😆❤️  it's gonna be a good one!😁"

He hit 'post' and switched off his phone. Realising I had watched him do that full thing, he smirked as he tilted his head in my direction.

Martinus : what?

Megan : it's gonna be a good one is it?

Martinus : oh yeah. Maybe even the best!

Megan : oh really?

Martinus : by far!

I giggled as I knelt my head on his shoulder. This IS gonna be a good concert. I just know it.