Stunned

Charlene's POV ///

Dave : are you ready?

Charlene : yeah

I was not ready. In fact, I don't think I'd ever be ready to do this. I hate him. I genuinely hated the guy with a passion. I don't know what to do though.

I miss Jack. I've not seen him in over a week because of this stupid tour and Dave controlling my life. He knows about what Dave is doing to me but he has no idea about what I was about to do. I just had no idea how to tell him.

Dave : right come on, it's nearly time!

He dragged me over by my arm and stood me by the side of the stage. I had a good view over the audience and what was happening which made this all the more terrifying.

I was wearing my best dress and shoes that Dave picked out. They were extremely sparkly so I was surprised no one in the crowd had noticed me already.

I glanced over at the other end of the stage and noticed Megan stood there. I felt my heart sink as I watched the innocent girl fiddle with her bracelet and hair, nerves getting the best of her.

I couldn't believe I was about to break this girls heart into a million pieces. She would never forgive me. As soon as the song had finished and it was my cue, I suddenly regretted everything I had done and backed away from the stage. I didn't want to do this. I never did.

As soon as I did, I felt a nudge on my back. I turned around to see Dave pushing me, violently, on stage. I didn't have a choice now. It was too late. There I was, standing on stage with thousands of screaming fans chanting my name. I couldn't go back now.

Megan's POV ///

Charlene had walked on stage!!! And suddenly I couldn't breath. It was as if the impact had knocked every wisp of air from my lungs, and I stood there struggling to inhale, to exhale, to do anything. I wanted to cry. I wanted just run away and burst into tears. But I was too shocked to even do that.

She stood there, stunned, for a few seconds before going to sit down on the chair that was placed out on stage for her. Well, for me.

I scanned Martinus' reaction which shocked me even more. He didn't even seem in the slightest bit out of the ordinary. He wasn't surprised or shocked or even confused. He just stood there and continued to smile as he watched her sit down.

Marcus even seemed more confused than him. He looked from Charlene to Martinus to Charlene and then back at Martinus whilst trying to put together what just happened.

Martinus : Charlene!!!

How could he do this to me? Why isn't he saying anything!?! I felt empty. Like I meant nothing to him anymore. Was anything he had said to me before true?

They began to sing. I wanted to leave. I didn't want to watch this but for some reason my feet remained glued to the floor as I lost all sense of where I was.

Martinus sang to her like I didn't even exist. I watched as he wrapped his arms round her and let her sing into the mic. I felt sick to my stomach as I watched him parading around the stage like nothing had happened and it was all meant to happen.

Charlene had turned on full flirting mode as well. She was staring at Martinus as he stared at her back. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I couldn't believe this was actually happening.

The crowd loved it. They were singing along whilst chanting 'Marlene' as loud as they could. They weren't exactly helping the matter. They just made me feel even more nonexistent.

The song had finally finished and I was still, believe it or not, stood in shock. It was the longest three minutes of my life. It seemed to go on for eternity.

Martinus : give it up for Charlene everyone!!!

They all clapped and cheered. They obviously loved the girl. I mean, I don't blame them, she's the most perfect human being. How could I compete with her. She had no flaws what so ever.

She stood up from the chair with the help of Marcus and Martinus hands and sorted her skirt and hair. The crowd continued to cheer so in return she curtseyed towards them. Martinus laughed.

Then suddenly, out of nowhere, she did something I had dreaded and had nightmares about in the past. It was at that moment I had lost all the respect I had left for her. She was officially my number one nemesis. She leaned in and kissed Martinus in front of everyone!