Chapter 22

Zi You struggled to find an answer. What could he say that wouldn't be to weird?

"I am one of Jiang Tian's good friend. I was away when I heard that Jiang Tian had passed away." Zi You said, while fidgeting his hands. He was really nervous that somehow they might start thinking that something was weird.

The older woman and man's eyes glued onto his hand. Their son also use to fidget his hands when he was nervous. Looking up and examining the young man ahead of them, they could only sigh. Although they acted the same, they didn't have the same face. Maybe they were just wishing too hard for their son to come back to them.

Their face soften at this sight.

"Hu Xin, go up to your room." The man said toward the young lady.

Grunting, she made her way to her room.

Zi You watched her figure slowly disappeared. She's still the same. Although sometimes Hu Xin could be rough, she still was obedient. His sister was a strong lady, who didn't like being looked upon as a weak lady.

Retracting his eyes, he turned back to the man and the woman.

"What are you doing here?" The woman asked, her eyes looking intensely towards Zi You.

"I came to see you guys and give you this." Zi You handed them a briefcase filled with 52,000,000 yuan.

"We can't except this." The woman said, pushing the money back to Zi You.

Of course, Zi You couldn't except it back, he also pushed it back.

"Please, take it. Jiang Tian had told me to personally give this to you." Zi You said with reluctance. He couldn't take it.

The woman was about to say something but stopped once again upon hearing her son's name. Her eyes clouded as if she were about to start crying.

After that they happily talked, until the sun started to set.

Zi You told them that he had to leave, and got up, walking towards the door. They followed behind him as he walked to the doors. Zi You then stopped and turn.

"Auntie and Uncle, I will be leaving now. I'll make sure to come back and visit." Zi You said. He didn't want part yet, but right now it wouldn't be good to stay.

"Don't call me Auntie, call me Mother. You are just like my son, although you two don't look the same." Mother said, her eyes filled with uncalled tears.

Mother, that name echoed in his head.

"You can call me Father." Father said, looking worriedly at Mother.

"Yes, Mother and Father. I will be leaving now." Zi You said before turning back and heading towards his car.

As he entered he hurriedly drove far enough so that Mother and Father wouldn't see him. Then his tears that didn't show, poured down like a waterfall.

Oh, Mother and Father. You don't know how much I just want to tell you guys that your son is living well. That he is still alive and that he had just saw you. But I can't. For now I will only be known to you as your son's friend. But even that will be enough, so long as I see your face.

There are just so much questions that I want to ask you, but no outsider will ever know those things, so for now I will bury them deep inside. As long as I can call you Mother and Father, I will be fine. I cannot be greedy, for you guys are also suffering from the wounds I have left you.

This son is unfilial. He couldn't even tell you that you he is still living. But even if you guys never know who I truly am, one day I promise you will. Until that day, I hope we can get even closer. The love you guys have showered onto me, will always remain in my heart.

With that Zi You wiped his eyes, as he concentrated on driving. Even as he drove his eyes would turn red, like they were going to start a waterfall once again. He even had to stop his hands from shaking ever now and then.

He had first arrived somewhere else. He was going to the night market. Although he didn't cook, Lu Yin did, and the food supply was starting to run low.

He found all the necessary items that were starting to run low, and payed from them. Zi You could've just went to a grocery shop but he liked interacting with people. As Zi You walked, with his hands filled with bags of food, he heard the sound of loud cracking.

He looked up to the sky and saw fireworks. They were beautiful, lighting up the sky with many color. To Zi You, however, it felt like the light helping to encourage him. It seems like it was telling him to hold on and keep strong. Yes, I will. I will stay strong and one day get my revenge, finally erasing the darkness that lies deep in my heart.

And just like that, he got back into his car once again, this time driving home. When he got back home, the house was already dark and quiet. Not wanting to make any noise, he silently turned on the lights.

He put all the food items on the counter before organizing them into the refrigerator. He also took out anything that was expired and tossed it into the trash can.

As he looked around the living room, he noticed that it was a little messy and decided to clean up. Pushing his sleeves up, he got started with cleaning. Organizing equipments, throwing garbage into the trash can, repositioning somethings, wiping off dust, sweeping, and mopping. After he thought that the living room was cleaned enough, he then stopped.

He got on his phone, took a picture, and posted it on Weibo. After that he turned around.....!!!!!! Sh*t!!!!!

He hunched over grasping his chest as he started at the figure ahead of him.