Chapter 39

One Direction- Drag Me Down
Listen to it while reading this chapter, please.

Zi You smiled softly hearing Lui Yun. Why was this man so cute and heartwarming? Even now, he was thanking him for something so little.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today, you have been invited to Longyue Entertainment's CEO, Xu Ming's birthday. Thank you to all, for attending this party. We hope that you have fun. The ball is now starting. Grab your partners for a dance." Ju Ren spoke into the microphone.

Ball? Zi You had no idea that there was going to be a ball. He heard the music start playing, as the lights dimmed down. Partners crowding around for a dance. Though he didn't know why there was a ball, he didn't hesitate to grab Lui Yun's hands. Time to put his dancing skills to use!

"Let's go," Zi You said, as he turned around to look at Lui Yun's face.

On Lui Yun's face was a smile as he looked into Zi You's eyes. He knew that Zi You likes to dance, so he didn't try to stop him as he was dragged onto the stage.

As they got close to where the music was loudest, Zi You came to a stop. He placed his hands onto Lui Yun's waist as Lui Yun placed his hands onto Zi You's waist.

They danced, their bodies swaying with the soft and slow rhythm of the song. Gently and gently, their eyes looked into each other's.

"You don't how much you mean to me. Even if I could get whatever it is I want in this world, nothing would be able to be as much as you are to me." Zi You said, as he put his head onto Lui Yun's chest.

A soft look appeared on Lui Yun's face.

"Diamonds and gold would never be able to cost as much as you. Even if a goddess were to appear in front of me, I would still love you. Even if the whole world were to be against our love, I would abandon everything and run away with you to somewhere only we knew."

"You are my sun, rising each and every morning. You are the stars that shine when it is dark. You are the moon, appearing with a new face every night. You are the day to my nights when I can't fall asleep. You are the nights, when my days are the loneliest. You are everything I live for, you are the reason I fight to be a better me." Lui Yun said, as he kissed Zi You's head and wrapped his arms protectively around Zi You.

"Nothing in this world could ever replace you. You are the reason why I never give up. Because of you, I believe in another tomorrow. When I was left broken, you slowly put together all the pieces that shattered. You made my frozen heart beat once again. You know exactly how to make my heart race."

"You made my cold days warm, once again. You are the light that guided me when I was trapped in darkness. You are the reason why I wake up with butterflies in my stomach. You are the reason why I will never give up. With your love, nobody can drag me down." Zi You said, looking up into Lui Yun's eyes. (That last sentence Zi You said was taken from One Direction's, Drag Me Down)

With that, they silently looked into each other's eyes, their bodies moving along with the sound of the music. They didn't need to continue talking. to find out what each other wanted to say. They could feel each other's emotions, without speaking.

When the first song finished playing, Min Yue walked towards them. Smiling at Zi You, he stuck his hands out.

"May I have this dance?" Min Yue asked.

Zi You looked at Lui Yun, noticing that Lui Yun seemed agitated.

"Don't worry, I won't be stealing him away or anything." Min Yue said to assure Lui Yun.

Zi You nodded, telling Lui Yun to find a seat.

Min Yue held Zi You's hands, as he remembered the first time that they had met. If he could only turn back time, then the one by Zi You's side would be him.

"Are you happy?" Min Yue asked, his heart aching a little.

"Yes, I am." Zi You knew how Min Yue felt for him, but it seemed like he was letting him go.

Min Yue took a deep breath. Zi You was happy, so he should let him go, right? Forgetting him won't be hard, it's recollecting the broken pieces of his heart that would be hard.

"I'm glad to know that," Min Yue said, putting a facade of someone happy.

Zi You could see through his facade right away, but he didn't say anything. He could only hope for Min Yue to find someone worthy of him. Min Yue was a good man.

As they were dancing, the song came to a stop. Zi You felt a tap on his shoulders, making him turn around. Standing behind him was Meng Shu, holding his hand out.

Zi You excused himself from Min Yue as he took Meng Shu's hand. It was also time to confront him.

"So, how have you been?" Meng Shu asked, his eyes holding many emotions in them.

"I have been well. How about you?" Zi You asked in return.

"Hurtful. Everything has become blurry for me. Sometimes when I fall asleep, I wish to stay there forever." Meng Shu confessed.

Zi You felt his heart pulse in pain, when he heard what Meng Shu said. He didn't know why but he felt like a father, being told about something his kid had done wrong.

"I hope that you find someone who can calm your heart. Someone who will put together all the things they see into your world." Zi You said. This was his way of telling Meng Shu to let him go.

Meng Shu could only smile sadly, hearing this.

With the dance finishing, Zi You walked towards Lui Yun, taking his hands and interlocking their fingers.

"Are you ready to start?"