Chapter 34

"I thought that my then-lover would never betray me. So when I least expected it, he slipped a knife into my stomach. It would have have been my heart if I didn't move out of the way fast enough. I knocked him unconscious before escaping for my life. That's why I'm who I am today."

"My brother and him got married before taking over the company. The thing about this, though, is that the company is no longer the biggest company anymore. Although it is still big, the income they would get is slowly starting to decline. I guess that karma got back to them." (It was legal to get a gay marriage. The society didn't look down upon these people.)

"I've told you who I am. Will you tell me who you really are? I know that you aren't Xi Ru. I know him enough to know that he would've never decide to become an actor." Lui Yun said, staring right into Zi You's eyes.

Zi You's eyes opened wide. How did he know? He laughed to himself. Since Lui Yun's told me about him, why would I hold back? Our relationship can't be built up with lies. He's already opened up to me enough to tell me this.

Zi You fidget his fingers before looking up, taking a deep breath.

"What if I told you that I really am Xi Ru, but I'm also not." Zi You said, staring at Lui Yun. Lui Yun stared back, confused.

"I am in the body of Xi Ru, but my soul is not his. I'm actually Jiang Tian. I know how crazy this sounds and I'm not expecting you to believe me either, but I really I'm him." Zi You said, struggling to find the rights words to say.

"As you know, I lived a successful life as an actor. I gained fame, skills, and money. I had everything I could've wished for. Like you, I was betrayed by my lover, Wei Yu. The day I died, I was meeting up with Wei Yu like every other day. We spent time together, when he asked me to follow him. I followed him to the rooftop, not thinking that something bad would happen."

"When we got there, he bursted into tears. Back then, I was a really dumb person, who would not expect anyone to betray me. I comforted him, asking why he was crying. While comforting him, he stabbed me with a needle coated with a knock-out drug. I remember I'm pushing me off the building, ripping my heart out piece by piece, by telling me facts that I had never knew."

"I found out that he had been with me because I was an actor known around the whole world. Now that I've taken over this body, I've slowly been climbing my way up the ladder to defeat him. It won't take long until then."

"I've told you who I am. Do you still want to be with someone like me? Someone like me, who doesn't even know who he really is?"

Zi You was on the verge of breaking into tears. He had been wounded only to heal again. He didn't want to be hurt again, not so soon.

Lui Yun rushed forward, enveloping Zi You into his arms, wiping away Zi You's tears before talking.

"Who would be dumb enough to give someone like you up? It doesn't matter who you were, it matters about who you are now. Even if you were a killer in the past, my heart would still choose you. You have had a new beginning, we both have. I want you to know that I will believe you no matter what. If one day you decide to kill me, I would let you."

"You've changed me in so many ways. You've taught me that it is possible to love and to trust again. You made a better me. Someone who will strive to overcome the hurdle in their life. You've accepted the broken me, and that is enough for me."

Zi You's tears ran down his cheeks. He pushed his head onto Lui Yun's shoulder. Lui Yun patted Zi You!s back letting him cry as much as he wanted to.

They have both faced an obstacle in their life. Being betrayed by people they never would've imagined would. So what if Zi You wasn't who he had thought to be? He loved this man too much to even care about the little things like that.

"It's fine, I promise that no matter what happens, I'll be there for you. I will never leave you when you need me the most and will be there to watch you cry, smile, laugh, and I'll be there to watch our hair turn white together. This, I will promise you."

Zi You's sobs slowly started to quiet down, with the help of Lui Yun's patting.

"Thank you. You don't know how much this means to me. Even I don't why my heart pulses in pain at the thought of you leaving me." Zi You said, his voice cracking and trembling.

Zi You didn't know how long he cried. He only remembered dozing to sleep in the middle of crying.