Chapter Twenty-One: Family Love

Christmas Eve

Deena

It was Christmas eve and I was really excited. Miyana had babies and it was exciting. Now im standing here putting up decorations pregnant. Tonie...He eventually died and Tay caused suicide. It took me some months to get over that but I had to realize I was the cause of it and she also brought it on herself. Graduation for college was also coming up. August was very proud of me. He went on tour and he should be back Christmas morning.  Im hoping for a boy, I kinda think so especially with all the kicking going on in there. "Woah, Stop it baby." August wasnt here to experience the first kick but Yana was. Khalani is also pregnant and we all got it together. She cut us off when Tay died. Just around Thanksgiving she talked to me and Miyana, She fussed us out, cussed us out and some what. I was laughing because I knew it was true. Miyana was fussing back which made the kids laugh for the first time. I swear they look just like Smoke and Miyana...Oh yeah, They're engaged now! Im so happy. She already made me the maid of honor and that was special. *Knock, Knock* "Hmmm, I wonder who could that be." I thought sitting down the present I was wrapping.  I opened the door to Khalani and Ant holding presents. "Merry Christmas Eve!" She yelled and we hugged the best way we could. "Hola Ant." I said hugging him and he rubbed my stomach. " Where's my brother?" Lani asked shaking a present she was holding.  "He's not home yet. You see im doing decorations and presents by myself." She looked around and smiled. "You did a good job pregnant mama." I smiled at her. "So what are yall up too?" Before they could answer the door opened. "Deeeennnaaaa!" She showed up right on time. "Miiiyaaannaaaa!" I yelled hugging her. "Where's smoke?" She cut her eyes. I looked and seen nothing but present and looked down to see feet. "Hey smoke. Ant can you help him? Please, Thank you." I said walking into the kitchen. "Sooo where's August?" I looked at her like she was crazy. "Why do yall keep asking that?" I asked slightly laughing. "Because we ready to see him." Yana said smiling. Before I could get my mouth open to speak the door bell rung again. "I got it!" Lani said opening the door reveling Shawn and- "The hoe!" Yana yelled making me laugh. "Look, We just came by to say Merry Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas Early." Shawn said and handed Lani some presents and they left. Smoke closed the door. "Well that was weird." I said eating a cookie.

---------

It was almost 12 and I was sitting by the fireplace rubbing my stomach and drinking coco. I had the music playing and food for Christmas in the oven.

"Merry Christmas baby." I looked to see August standing behind me holding a few presents.

"Merry Christmas." I smiled. He sat next to me and kissed me passionately .

"Wanna open ya gifts?" He asked me with a big smile.

"Nahh, Im sleepy. You can open one." He walked towards the tree and pulled out the gift Lani got for him.

"To August, From Santa. She crazy , Santa aint real." I covered my stomach with my arms.

"Shhh, Dont tell the baby that!" We laughed as he opened his gift. His eyes widened as he pulled the new Jays out the box.

"She got this?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Why baby?" I laughed.

"I got her the same thing too." He put the shoes under the tree and we went to bed.