Chapter Twenty-Four: Breaking Point

August

"Deena!" I yelled as she came down ready to go cake tasting for our wedding that was about a month away.

"What I tell you about calling me all loud when im in ear shot?" I laughed as she kissed me and walked out the door and I walked out behind her.

"I understand baby." I wrapped my arm around her side as we walked to the car. She moved my hand.

"I know im pregnant but I can still walk." I chuckled and kissed her forehead as we got in the car.

"Just making sure my baby is safe." I said pulling out.

Miyana

I sat at the table with smoke waiting on Deena and Aug. Since im her maid of honor and Smoke is the best man, they asked us to be here.

"Girl why is you stressing, you'll be fine." I heard Aug say to Deena as they joined us.

"Hello, Im Marilyn. Soo, Today's cake tasting is for August and Deena...And that would be?" This small, pretty blond haired lady asked.

"Thats us. Thats my maid of honor and he's the best man." Deena said pointing to us.

"Awesome, Sooo here's the design for the cake and you look this over as we bring you the kinds since you guys couldn't really decide on the flavoring." She flashed a bright smile and left.

Khalani

"Mhmm." I said rolling my eyes listening to Anthony tell me about how Angela's baby aint his.

"Lani, I know you hear me!" I pulled out my headphones that had Dake music coming out of them and looked at him.

Yall probably wondering 'Did Deena do anything?' Nah, She was chill. She talked to Ant, but she didnt say what it was about.

"I heard you, the baby not yours. I got it." He shook his head.

"Lani, I said the baby is mine." I dont know what took over me but I remained calm till Deena and Miyana walked through the door.

"THE BABY IS HIS!" I yelled and ran into Deena's arms. He pulled me away from Deena and she tried to grab me, with him pushing her. She would of fell hard if Miyana wasnt standing there. August walked in with Deena laying in Miyana's arms , He went from smiles to scared, I guessed he thought she was labor, but its to early. He looked over at me and Ant who had me by my wrist.

"What the hell? Deena are yoy going into labor?!" Deena shook her head no in pain and I screamed realizing Ant was digging his nails in my skin. August grabbed me and carried me outside.

"What happen before we walked in?" August asked checking my wrist.

"The baby is his!" I said crying into his chest

"Angela's baby?" He asked and I cried even harder but I sucked it up because I was at my breaking point.

Deena

I sat down rubbing my stomach, My side was in so much pain but luckily I know the baby is fine. Khalani walked back in with August and they walked into her bedroom. I knew she was packing up.

"Deena....Deena-Marie!?" I looked up at Yana and noticed Smoke was fussing with Ant. Everything look fussy and the pain in my side felt worse.

"Ohh my GOD! AUGUST!" Yana screamed and everything went black.

Miyana

We sat in the hospital for a few hours hopping she didnt lose the baby or anything. August was freaking out because he was probably thinking the same thing.

"Look, Im-" August cut Ant off from speaking.

"I dont wanna hear the sorry shit, if I loose my child or both..." He broke down only thinking the worst.

"Family of Deena-Marie Kvng." We all stood.

"Just tell me. Is she alright?" August not really wanting to wait on the answer.

"You must be the fiance she keeps asking about?" August shook his head and the doctor looked at his papers.

"Well, She's awake. She slightly dislocated her hip. Did she fall?"

"Yeah, But she was there to catch her before she really hurt herself." August said referring to me who caught D when fell.

"Well, Also. The baby is also fine. Yall got her here fast enough. If not you would of lost the child because of her black out." A smiled appeared on everybodies face.

"Good. Can we go see her?" He shook his head yes and walked away.

"August and Khalani yall go." They left and we waited till the came out so Smoke and I could see her. Ant sat in the corner and looked like he was beating himself up about it.

--------------

"Deenaa!" I said as I walked into her room. She was on bed rest.

"Shhhh. August is laying right here." I looked next to her to see August sleeping like a baby with his arms wrapped around Deena who was sitting up watching tv. I slid in the bed next to her and laid my head on her stomach.

"How you feeling?" I asked pulling some chocolate out of my purse because I knew she probably wanted some.

"Im good. You seen Khalani?" She asked me and looked at the Snickers I was holding in my hand.

"Yeah, She just walked out. Why?" She grabbed it and started to eat it not before waving it infront of August nose because he told her she couldn't have any.

"She was being a bum and she even time we speak, even the day in the hospital she would just look at me and not say anything. Its like she feels guilty for what happen...It wasnt her fault and I told her that." August moved and we turned our attention to him and he grabbed the Snickers out of Deena's hand and bit it.

"Babee! I was eating that dammit!" She snatched it back and finished it and we just laughed.

"Didnt I tell yo ass to not to eat any chocolate?" He said walking into the bathroom.

"Yes, So?" She took another bite and I laughed as he came out of the bathroom and he looked at her and walked out of the room, to only come back with a carrot stick.

"Eat this." He took the chocolate from her and replace it with the carrot stick.

"I dont like you." She said biting the carrot stick like bugs bunny.