Tag #53

Tagged by: 

Scenario #1:

You are in a bookstore and suddenly, dun dun dunnnnnnnn... ZOMBIES ATTACK! Children are crying, women are screaming, and men are scrambling. A low voice appears out of nowhere: Pick a book you hate and throw it at the zombies. This is the only way to save humanity.

Oh boy! Where to start? Hmmmm... The Hunger Games, If I Stay (I own this one but it is on my shelf of books I do not like or don't really care for), Divergent (didn't even make it past the first book), The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, etc... there are more but I can't remember what they are. Okay, so I listed of two pretty well known dystopian novels that a lot of people really like. Why? Well, I'm not a huge fan of most dystopian because it's all the same to me. Same storyline, same characters, same corrupted government, except Maze Runner, that was actually really good. That's not to say I won't try my hand at dystopian in the future... I have an idea for one actually, but most of them have those three same elements that are microscopically different. I was really excited to read If I Stay. I was not happy with it. Everyone says it made them cry and was so emotional and touching. I felt nothing reading it. Absolutely nothing. Granted I'm not an emotional person, but really? All that happens and you couldn't make me feel a thing? I've read Math books that made me feel more emotion than that! Mostly anger and frustration at my inability to do any of it...

Scenario #2:

You finally did what I've been postponing for weeks. You got a haircut! You barely left the hair salon when OH NO! it starts to rain. You have to commit an unforgiving sin and use a book to save your hair and it must be a sequel.

Can I say something? Usually when I get my hair cut it's wet when I leave anyway because I hate having my hair blow-dried because it damages it so bad. But, for the sake of this, let's say I was in there long enough for it to dry naturally. I woild most definitely use the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy or whatever it is. Again. The whole dystopian thing. Not a big fan. And to me, that book just fell flat not halfway through and I  don't recall reading the third book. I don't think I did.

Scenario #3:

Your classic literature teacher is lecturing the class on how to save babies, and puppies, and kittens (and maybe some foxes). But today you can't stand him anymore and throw one of his beloved classics at his head. Which one is it? 

Of Mice and Men. I read that book so. many. times. It's ridiculous. I was so sick and tired of analyzing, interpreting, and doing other busy work with it that I've come to hate the novel. We literally spent almost two months on it because the kids in my class are mostly illiterate idiots. I may have mentioned that fact before, but I will say it again. They. Can't. READ! 

Scenario #4:

Global Warming caused a new Ice-Age. Very suddenly. Basically everybody froze to death except you and a few other people who hid in the library. To keep warm, you have to burn a book that will give everlasting heat.

I will gladly burn The Last Vispo Anthrology, I might even do it for funsies. It is almost entirely composed of visual and conceptual poems and I hate it! I'm not the biggest fan of poetry thanks to years and years of having it shoved down my throat. That doesn't mean I don't occasionally enjoy writing some or reading a bit. It's just not something I'm overly fond of. Unless it's The Lay of Luthien. Love that poem, although... it's more of an epic... kinda like the Illiad, but not as long and difficult. It's quite fun to read. I really dislike more modern poetry, stuff that was written in the last 1000 years. It just doesn't feel like poetry. Especially visual and conceptual poetry. That stuff's boring and they plagiarize. Not cool man. Not cool.

Tagging:

anyone that feels like doing this. I should have done this a while back, but I kept putting it off.