WILDLIFE!

So, I've been at my grandma's for the last week and about two or three nights ago during a very windy storm I heard tapping on the window. This happened a couple times and I thought nothing of it until there was a scraping sound following the tapping. That made me a little nervous. My grandma's house is out in the country so you can probably imagine what was going through my head.

At first I thought it was June bugs, but it was too late for them to be throwing themselves at the windows in attempted suicide. Next I thought it was branches from the bush near the window. Still nervous and refusing to go look outside I tried to ignore it. After all, it's just the branches hitting the window in the wind.

After a while the tapping and scraping stopped and I went to bed. I had almost forgotten about it the next morning. I told my grandma about it and she didn't really know what to think. I said I thought it was the bush. She didn't think so. Later I went outside and checked the window.

Turns out the bush isn't anywhere near the window.

There were raccoon paw prints all over the window.

So now I know what did it and am no longer freaked out. Or, so I thought. Two nights later I'm sitting in the downstairs living room writing when I hear tap taptap tap sssscrrrraaaaaapeeee

I kid you not I almost had a heart attack. I turned around and...

 I turned around and

I found him.

This is the closest I've ever been to a wild raccoon. He was kinda cute. Scared me at first though.

So yeah, adventures with the locals. Fun.