2020

2020 y'all. The kind of vision I wish I had. *complains uselessly about bad eyesight and annoying corrective lenses*

It's been crazy decade

I went from being a literal child to an adult.

So weird.

So much can happen in 10 years.

10 years ago I was one year away from reading Lord of the Rings for the very first time and hurtling toward one of the most influential sources of my young life.

10 years ago I would have never imagined I'd be where I am now: writing, getting to know all you lovely people on this crazy website...

I survived the horrors of middle school, not unscathed but very much alive, flew through highschool, graduated, got my first job, (I take things slow okay?!) and started college, made so many new and wonderful friends, had experiences I never thought I would have, I grew so much in my confidence even within the last six months, (I'll never like speaking in front of an audience), read great books, saw great movies, saw terrible things happen, saw truly wonderful things happen, learned to cook... sorta, learned to drive(still hate it).

But most importantly, I learned what it is to be human.

I've made mistakes, God knows I made some pretty awful ones. But each one I learned from.

I saw loved ones leave and go to heaven. I grieved for them, but now I will rejoice because I am 10 years closer to seeing them again and because they are in Heaven. I know I will face future loss but as long as I fix my eyes and heart on God, I will get through it and I will see them again.

This last decade was full of life experiences I will take into the next.

But these next 10 years are mine to do what I was put here to do. What that is, I don't know exactly, but I have absolute faith that it will be revealed to me.

These next 10 years are ours. Whatever that means for you, claim it. 10 years may seem like a long time, but as I've gotten older, I've noticed that the year passes faster and faster. It's already January 10th. We are 10 days into the new decade. The next 10 years of our lives.

Isn't it exciting?

So claim those ten years.

After all, we only have so many of them.