I Hurt Myself... Again

Glass hurts. Okay? Let's just clear that up before we move on.

It also shatters into a million billion little pieces that are impossible to sweep up much less pick out of your feet.

We clear?

Kay, now never write about your character falling on a pile of glass and brushing it off like no big deal. IT IS A HIGE DEAL! IT FREAKING HURTS LIKE FIRE IS GOING INTO YOUR FEET AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS BREATH AND WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO SAVE YOUR SOUL FROM THIS INFERNO BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PHYSICALLY THINK OR DO ANYTHING BUT STAND THERE IN UTTER SHOCK AND PAIN!

And the glass doesn't just go away after you clean it up. There are still tiny little grain that are really sharp and hurt when you touch them, but you don't know where they're at until you touch them because you can't see them!

So, anyone have a guess as to what happened?

No?

Well, I'll tell you.

I didn't realize our sun tea pitcher was made of glass. That's what happened. Picked it up by the lid and before I get in the door the glass jar that I thought was plastic broke free...

Yes, I screamed when it hit the floor. It scared me okay! Of course, the glass jar went everywhere including into my feet.

Glass is sharp.

Came withing inches of hitting my feet and screwing them up royally. And I was doing so good not hurting my feet all summer!

I mean, it's not bad...

There was a lot of blood for some really small cuts

There was a lot of blood for some really small cuts... I think I counted 8. 3 are still bleeding a little. Stings.

Otherwise, totally fine. Never gonna pick a pitcher up by the lid again though. But I'm good. Going to avoid stepping anywhere near where I dropped it.

0.0