Chapter 19

Asha's POV

I touched his face and showed him my memories.

****FLASHBACK (thirteen year old Asha.)

It was early fall, in two thousand eight and I was thirteen years old. I walked home from school and it was pouring down raining, and it was dark since we had, had a team robotics tournament, and I was all into getting good grades so I could make my family proud, run track, and do everything right by my mom and dad.

I arrived at our house and I unlocked the door and walked in, I put my book bag by the door and I went into the kitchen and my mother and father were talking.

"Hey mom, hey dad." I said to them.

"Hey Asha how are you baby girl?" My mom asked.

I threw down my second place metal.

"Another stupid second place, I swear I hate those preppy white people at Greenbryer." I said angrily.

"Pick the metal up Asha." My mother said sternly and I rolled my eyes slightly.

My father looked at me."That is what we are not going to do." He said peeking out his African accent. "I did not raise you to be a sore loser and I most definitely did not raise you to place hate in your heart for anyone at all." He said. "We will not be acting like that do you understand me?" He asked, and I nodded my head, he raised his eyebrows, "I do not understand that Asha. Do you understand?" He asked me and I knew he wasn't going to be asking me again.

"Yes sir." I said lowering my head down.

"And pick your head up. You are way too pretty and to smart to have your head lowered like that." He added. He stood up and looked me in my eyes I picked my head up.

"Next time I know you are going to do better, I have seen what you have been doing. Keep your powers contained keep yourself contained and do not let them overtake you, that goes for powers and people that come into your life. You step out and you be your own individual. And remember we love you." He said kissing my forehead and hugging me. My mother came up behind us and joined the hug.

That would be our last hug ever.

"Alright baby girl, go upstairs take a shower the macaroni should be finished baking in fifteen minutes." My mom said, and I smiled at her. As it lured in the back.

"Make it quick before the storm gets worse." He said. "Okay." I said and I ran upstairs to my room to go grab my night clothes and stuff to take a shower. I threw the metal in the pile of metals I had in my room next to my many pageant and track trophies.

***************

After I took a shower, I did my homework really quick and then I ran downstairs when I heard screaming and yelling, a white man in a button down suit had his gun aimed at my head, and I froze, he pushed me to the ground and I stabbed my side with a knife by accident and I screamed out in pain.

"Get the girl." Another man said wearing a suit and I glanced at the badge and it read HYDRA I pulled the knife out of my side and blood gushed out, and I knew that he had hit something important. The man tried to grab me up, my mom kicked him where the sun didn't shine. And I smiled at his defeat she turned and looked at me.

Boom her body jerked forward, boom another shot to my mom and she screamed out in pain, and she was a ball on the floor, and then they shot her again boom her lifeless body jumped, because her nerves were still in tack. My father screamed it for her, and I held her in my hands the agent, pistol whipped me on the side of my cheek bone, and I thought I was about to die my head rung.