Chapter 27

Asha's POV

I sat on my bed, and I picked up my phone from the side of the table. I'm probably one of the only people who actually has a phone in this place. I unlocked my phone and I had a few missed text. I clicked on Tony's name and I texted him.

I miss you so much, and I have big news for you and Pepper, I hope you are doing well, and actually taking care of yourself and not over doing it, I will be needing a update. T'Challa is doing something stupid today... he's fighting Erick Killmonger, and I'm so mad at him. But hopefully he'll be okay. But I love you Tony. Talk to you soon. I clicked send on the message and I locked my phone back.

There was a knock at my door so I stood up to go get the door. I opened the door only to find Nakia, I welcomed her inside. She came in with clothing in her hand and offered it to me. It was what I had to wear for the challenge.

"You look worried Asha." Nakia said to me as I took the clothes from her . I looked at her, and sighed. "T'Challa is making a mistake doing this." I said to her and she shrugged.

"It is his duty as a King to serve out what he has promised." She said to me and I got up from the bed.

"I'm getting tired of people saying that it's his duty. He's going to get hurt really bad, this man that he is fighting is out to kill him. And has been for a long time, he has waited for this moment since he was a child. And T'Challa made me promise him that I would not interfere with what ever may happen, but I don't want to see him get hurt at all. I love him I don't want to loose him." I said to her

Nakia, " I know you do, but you did make a promise, and for whatever happens you just have to stick with it, I'm sorry Asha, I just do not know what else to say, other than that, we will just hope for the best, and hopefully T'Challa will win, and everything will be at peace for us for a while." She said to me. I knew she was right, I just need to stop worrying so much.

"You're right. I need to get dressed so are you walking me to the ships again?" I asked her. And she nodded. "Yes I am." She said to me and she sat on my bed and laid her back down. I grabbed the clothes to go into my bathroom and change.

T'Challa's POV

I walked down to the water, most of everyone from the tribes were here. With only a few hours notice of the challenge, Killmonger looked at me, getting ready for our fight. I looked up at my mother and sister, and I looked to see if Asha was there, and she was talking to Nakia a few feet back, and she turned and looked at me, and then she turned back away, I knew she was mad at me for going through with this, but it needs to be done, me as a King can not look too week, nor can I deny someone their birth right.

I sighed as I kneeled down and my knees touched the water, I watched Zuri walk over to me. "The king will now have the strength of the black panther stripped away from him." He gave me the liquified plants and I drank it. It always hurts when it's being stripped away, but pain isn't really on my mind right now. I heard drums beating while I felt the power leave my body.

I stood up and looked at kill monger. "This is your last chance. Throw down your weapons and we can handle this another way." He looks at me and and stab the earth with his blades.

"I love my entire life waiting for this moment. I trained, I lied, and killed. I killed in American, Afghanistan, Iraq." He removed his shirt showing a bunch of scars all around his body.  "I took life from my own brothers and sisters, right here on this continent." He picked his swords back out. "Took all this life so I could kill you." He pointed the sword at me.

Zuri looked at me, then turned his head away. "Let the challenge begin."

He swung at me with full force and I blocked him with my shied, we battled going head to toe, each hit becoming more powerful. Swinging our swords back and forth, stomping in the water to gain more momentum, he missed me and he swung at the water, I tripped him causing him to fall back first into the water. "Yield." I said to him. He got back up with a jump and swung at me again and I blocked it, I swung the sword across, cutting his face. He wiped some blood away, and he swung again this time with a lot of force and more mad than ever. We swung at each other then he kicked me in the middle of my stomach. I didn't completely fall I got back up and swung at him again, with him blocking the hit, he cut my leg with his sword. Well that hurt. I groaned in pain, and he continued to swing while I was on one knee, my shielded arm becoming even more weak.

"Snap our of it T'Challa." My sister screamed at me. I got up and swung again at him, holding my shield up not protecting my body and he cut my side up too. I groaned again in pain, but continued to swing at each other. I missed and he ducked and he stabbed me in the side with his sword and I groaned even louder. I took the sword out and he was kind of surprised, but then be hit me with his fist and then knocked me into the water. I got up. I heard him say "come here." And then he punched me again. "This is for my father." He said swinging his sword close to me and Zuri stopped him with his shaft.

"Zuri no." I said as kill monger dropped one of his swords. "Zuri don't." I heard from the crowed. "I am the cause of your fathers death. Not him, take me." He said.

"I'll take you both Uncle James." He said and he swung his sword at him and stabbed him in his heart. "No!" I screamed out. "No! No! No! Zuri No!" He fell to the water, tears were in my eyes. "No, no no no Zuri! Zuri. No!" I crawled my way over to him, he was already lifeless I swung at him missing him and falling to the water.

"Is this your king? Huh?" He said and I swung at him again getting up and missing again. "Is this your king? He stopped me and punched me and I felt his kneecap hit my face and I flung back. "The black panther, who is supposed to lead you into the future." He said to the crowds

Asha's POV

"Come on brother!" My Shuri screamed at me I felt the pain in her voice.

"There is nothing that can be done." Okoye said and it broke my heart. I moved my hand so I could help stand T'Challa up. He felt it and looked at me. Okoye looked at me. "You made your promise to him Asha." She said to me. "And he made one to me. About forever." I said to her with tears in my eyes she. Looked sympathetically at me, she looked back forward as Kill monger talked again. "He's supposed to protect you huh?" He said And T'Challa tried to swing again. This time kill monger picked him up and carried him on his back to the waterfall. "No." I screamed out, T'Challa looked at me he shook his head at me, and I backed up. Then kill monger threw him off the cliff.

"No!" We all cried out. "Nah, I'm your king." He said. I tried to run down there, but Nakia stopped me. "No we must go, Queen mother Asha now." We ran inside the cave down some rocks, and into the boat.

******

Some minutes had passed. That felt like hours, We got back to the palace quickly and we moved fast grabbing all of our things, and a bunch of fur coats. My heart hurt a lot, if felt as if I was dying, I'm quietly trying to slow down my breathing. I was in the bedroom that T'Challa had given me and Nakia and queen mother and Shuri were out getting herbs from the garden.

My door opened and I jumped up from the bed. But my heart rate slowed down when I saw Nakia's face. "Quickly Asha love we have to go now." She said to me, and I quickly grabbed my things. And we ran down the hallway with the Queen, Everett Ross  and Shuri. "Where is Okoye?" I asked her. And she shook her head.

"She has a duty to serve the new king. She has warned off the guards because she wants us to make it out, but we have limited time we have to keep moving." She said. And I nodded my head.

We were now outside, in the jungle. Walking and speaking lowly. It was nightfall and we decide to rest as it was getting colder and colder. Shuri has a device that would keep us all heated. Soon everyone had feel asleep quietly.

I pulled out my phone. And I was getting a call from Tony. I picked up the phone and held it to my heart and I breathed in slowly and answered the phone releasing the breath. "Hello." I said weaklyz

"What's wrong Asha? I could feel that something wasn't so right. Are you okay?is T'Challa okay?" He asked. And then tears slowly escaped my eyes and I shut them as quickly as the tears fell down my face.

"Tony He is dead." I said to him.

*******
I will be updating soon, I've just been busy with work, school, and graduation. But here's my graduation present from me go you. Please please do me a favor and hit that star ⭐️ that's located at the bottom of the page if you tap. So I can release the next chapter!!! Thank you for the continuous love.