The joy of children

"Mama? Am i dangerous?" Renesmee looked at her mother for an answer. Bella looked at her a little confused as to why she might say that. "Why do you say that sweetheart?" Renesmee looked at the locket around her neck that Bella gave her a few nights ago, right before the confrontation with the volturi. "Thats why the volturi came wasnt it?" She looks up from the locket at her mothers soft expression. "Sweetie they dont know you like we do. They changed their minds after meeting you right?" Renesmee nods at her mothers question agreeing. "There is your answer. You're not dangerous at all." She smiles lifting her daughter from beside her and places her on her lap. Renesmee hugged her mother laying her head on her head on her chest.

Edward came walking inside with a happy smile on his face. "What are my two favorite girls doing?" Bella smiled seeing her husband walking up to them. Renesmee held her arms out to her father asking to be held by him. Edward picked her up, happily complying with her request. "We were just talking. Some mother daughter time." She smiles watching the two. "Sounds fun." Edward smiled kissing Bella gently.

Rosalie and Emmett sat on the couch across from them. Her head leaning on his shoulder and Emmett with his arm around her waist watching them with smiles on their faces. Alice and Jasper jumped inside from the balcony. Alice walking with some shopping bags and Jasper holding some more with an expression that said that Alice went too far, again. Carlisle smiled watching his children, adopted but still his children, with smile thinking he did well to himself. Ofcourse Edward, being able to read minds, looked at Carlisle and smiled nodding gratefully.

Esme came walking from the kitchen with a plate of food for Renesmee. She made some extra in case Jacob would swing by to see Renesmee. And if on cue he came walking inside. He looked around the room an eyebrow raised that everyone was gathered in the livingroom. "Did i miss something?" Edward laughed amused. "No you didnt. We're just enjoying this time we have together." Jacob nodded. "Ah i see." Renesmee jumped out of her fathers arms on the floor and ran to Jacob. "Jake!' She smiled happily. Jacob picked her up his mood instantly brightening after seeing Renesmee. Esme placed the plate of food on the table and turned to Jacob. "I made some extra food in case you were hungry." She smiles wamrly at him and walked over to Carlisle's side. Jacob nodded gratefully and sat down with Renesmee on his lap feeding her.

"This is nice isnt it?" Bella looked over at Edward. He nods leaning his head against Bella's lovingly. "It's been a while since we enjoyed our time like this." Renesmee placed her plate on the table and tagged Jacob running away. Jacob chuckled and ran after her playing tag with her. Jasper loved seeing everyone so happy. He felt everyone's happiness and smiled softly. Alice joined in on the game of tag playing with her niece.

Renesmee stopped running seeing the shopping bags. "Aunt Alice whats in the bags?" She looked curiously from the bag to her aunt. "Thats a good question. I bought a few presents for you. Want to try them on?" Alice practicly jumped excited at the thought of dressing her niece up. Renesmee nodded pleasing her aunt with her approval. Alice grabbed the bags and pulled Renesmee up the stairs towards her room letting her change there.

The rest of the afternoon was filled with laughter and cheering and clapping for Renesmee and Alice's little fashion show. Jacob obviously cheering the loudest for Renesmee. "We did a good job, didnt we?" Esme looked at their children then at Carlisle who nodded smiling softly agreeing with her. He held her close kissing the top of her head watching the happiness practicly radiating off of everyone.