Uninvited guest in Forks

Bella walked into her room putting her backpack on the floor beside the door, deep in thought. She didnt notice the figure in the corner of her room. She took off her coat throwing it on the bed and fell beside it staring at the ceiling eventually falling asleep.
The figure in the corner didnt move an inch as it kept watching her every move.

The sky had darkened as Bella woke up rubbing her eyes as she sat up. She leaned over turning the lamp on her bedside table on. A slight breeze went through the room as she shivered a little. Her attention went to the open window, that she didnt remember opening, her curtains blowing with the wind. Walking towards the window she looked outside. She closed the window with a bad feeling.

Deciding to distract herself she went downstairs to start dinner. Charlie was still at work and would be home later. Maybe being home alone made her see and hear things. Opening the fridge to get an idea of what to cook.

While deep in thought a knock sounded at the door. She jumped from the sudden sound and closed the fridge. Bot expecting anyone she was hesitant to open the door or not. The doorbell rang again. She started walking to the door slowly. She opened the door and let out a sigh of relief. "Edward... its just you. Do you want to come in?"

Edward looked at her a little confused at her reaction and nodded. Bella stepped aside for him to enter and closed the door behind him. "Is everything alright?" He looked at her worried. As she was about to answer his question Edwards facial expression changed. He walked up the stairs to her bedroom. "Edward?" She quickly followed behind him. Edward went to the corner at her bed and looked at Bella. "Someone has been in here." She looked at him blinking her eyes. "What?"

Bella was confused and a little scared but also horrified that someone was in her room. Who knows when the person was in here. "It would be best if you come with me to my house. It would safer there." Edward looked at her with a pained expression. He didnt want her in any danger.

"Edward i cant just leave." She looked at him refusing his offer. "Bella please... someone has been in here. Someone we dont know. Its not safe for you to be here." Bella crossed her arms leaning against the wall. "I cant leave my dad alone here when someone has been in here. If i leave sure id be safe but my dad wouldnt. My mind is set Edward." She looked at him for a minute then walked out of the room back downstairs.

Edward sighed knowing how stubborn Bella could be. He followed behind her seeing her go to the fridge. "Fine. Im staying here then." Bella looked up at him then nodded. "That i can agree with." She smiled gratefully at him. Edward smiled back walking over as she pulled some ingredients from the fridge. "Do you need some help?" He had already grabbed a knife and started cutting some vegetables without waiting for her answer.

Dinner was almost finished as the sound of keys came from behind the door. Edward looked at Bella and quickly disappeared upstairs. Charlie would never let Edward stay over. Atleast not until they are married.

The evening passed by quick as Bella finished dinner and ate with Charlie. She placed her plate and glass in the sink and excused herself practically running up the stairs. Edward was on her bed reading one of her books. "Ill be back." She went to the bathroom and did her routine. She did it fast as Edward has been alone in her room for a long time. She yelled a goodnight to Charlie and walked into her bedroom closing the door.

Edward and Bella talked quietly for a while before she slowly fell asleep. Edward smiled and wrapped her quilt around her holding her close to him. He watched her sleep as it seemed very interesting to him.
Suddenly his guard was up as he heard a sound from outside. He looked at the window seeing someone in the tree outside her window.

Carefully getting up not wanting to wake Bella up he walked towards the window and opened it jumping down gracefully. The person in the tree jumped down in front of him. "What do you want?" The person just looked at Edward tilting its head to the side. Edward could make out that it was a man not much older then him. The only difference were the red eyes.

He ran forward with the intention to attack Edward. Edward stepped to the side to avoid getting pushed down resulting in the intruder hitting the ground. He looked up growling at Edward and jumped up. Edward looked up at Bella's window for a second then back at the growling man on the ground. He made a split second decision and ran into the woods. If they kept fighting there Bella and Charlie would eventually wake up from the noise.

Edward looked behind him seeing the man follow close behind. Looking back in front of him he came to a clearing. He stopped and turned around facing the man head on. The man came running at him in full speed, his full attention Edward. Edward smirked as the man suddenly he got tackled from the side. "Not today!" Emmett yelled as he held the man by his arms. Edward walked to the man. "Why are you here?" Again the man didnt answer his question. A hand was placed on his shoulder making Edward turn his head seeing Carlisle. "You should go back. Bella will wonder where you are." Edward looked at the man hesitating. "We will handle this. Go." Carlisle spoke in a reassuring tone as Edward looked back at him and nodded running back to the Swan house jumping through the window soundlessly. He closed the window as Bella stirred and woke up feeling an empty space beside her. "Edward?" He quickly went to her side. "Im here." Smiling he watched her sleep keeping what happened that night a secret. Until she asked about the intruder. He hoped she wouldnt but knowing Bella she would at some point. For now he'd like to keep seeing that peaceful look on her face as she slept.