Seth's curiosity

Seth laid on the grass outside the Cullen house looking up at the sky. Lately he had been thinking about imprints. He has seen Sam and Emily, Quil and Claire, Jared and Kim, Paul and Rachel and now Jacob and Renesmee. He wondered what it would be like to be imprinted on or to imprint himself. They have told him what it felt like.

When a wolf imprints its as if youre being gravitationally pulled toward that person while a glowing heat fills him, and everyone and everything else in his life becomes secondary, and only the imprintee is left to matter, leaving the shape-shifter with a deep need to do anything to please and protect his soulmate.

They all told him the same thing but he wondered if there was something more to it.

He thought back when he saw Sam and Emily for the first time. He could see that their bond was very strong. He did feel bad for his sister but this was meant to happen. Slowly the other guys imprinted as well. When Quil imprinted on Claire he didnt know what to think at first but Sam explained it to him.

Sam said that if the imprintee is very young, like Claire and Renesmee, the shape-shifter will act as an older sibling.
As the imprintee grows older, the shape-shifter will also come to be their best friend.
They become intimate friends, meaning, their feelings for each other are changing into romantic feelings. This stage may or may not happen to the imprintee, but the imprinter will fall in love with his imprintee. They will not "see" any other woman at all. Their imprintee is all he cares about and he will love her even if she rejects him.
When the imprintee is old enough, the shape-shifter's feelings grow into romantic love.

He remembered the day at La Push beach where he saw them all with their imprints. It was that day at the beach that he started wondering what it would be like. Not just imprinting but to have that one person that means the world to you.

He knows he would always have his sister and his pack but it wasnt the same thing. The whole experience was something completely different.
He sighed because he wouldnt be able to get a clear answer or understand every feeling unless he experienced it himself.

Footsteps could be heard walking closer towards him. The person sat down next to him snapping him out of his thoughts. He looked to his right seeing his sister Leah. "Hey sis." Leah was looking at the sky. "Hey." She looked at him. "What got you so distracted?" She asked as he didnt sense her coming. He knew it was useless not telling his sister. "I was thinking about imprints." He looked at her knowing it was a hard topic for her.

Leah nodded taking a deep breath. "I see. Im the last person you should ask." Seth nodded understanding what she said. "I know. I wont get the answer im looking for by asking the others. I need to experience it myself to get that answer." He sat up stretching. "Until that day comes ill keep this curiosity in the back." He turned to his sister smiling bright.