The reminder of an ugly secret (Part 2)

The coming week Edward kept his promise and kept coming back to visit her bringing all sorts of things like pictures to help her remember. Charlie came to visit when he heard what happened from Carlisle. He came as fast as he could visiting whenever he could. He would leave earlier then Edward as his job needed him a lot.

After two weeks of being in the hospital Bella felt a lot better. Her injuries were almost fully heales. Carlisle came in with a bright smile on his face. Both Bella and Edward looked at him. "Congratulations Bella. Youre free to leave the hospital." He wrote some things on the clipboard then looked at her. Bella smiled back at him. "Thank you Dr. Cullen." She wasnt entirely comfortable yet being so close to him. Edward told her she was close with his family but she didnt remember much of them yet. Carlisle nodded and walked out of the room.

Edward got up from the chair as a nurse came inside with some clothes and shoes. "Ill sign the papers then come back to take you home. Take your time changing." He smiled as he walked out of the room. Bella got up from the bed and drew the curtain in case anyone came inside while she was changing. About fifteen minutes later Edward came back knocking on the door first. "Come in." Came from inside. He walked in seeing her all ready to go. "Lets go." Bella nodded and walked over to him. Edward led her outside carefully to his car. He opened the door for like the gentleman he is and waalked to his side when was settled. He drove to her house hoping she would remember more. It has been two weeks since they found out about Bella's amnesia. It was taking some time getting all her memories back. He was waiting for the right time to tell her about him being a vampire.

Bella noticed he was deep in thought but didnt think much of it. She thought it was about getting more of her memories back. They sat in silence until Edward parked the car in front of her house. Bella looked at him awkwardly. "Ill see you again..." She turned to get out of the car when Edward spoke. "Tomorrow im taking you somewhere." He looked at her when he finished his sentence. Bella turned back to look at him and nodded. "Thats fine with me." She opened the door stepping out. She walked to the front door turning around to watch him leave. When he left her line of sight she went inside to see Charlie in the kitchen trying to flip a pancake. Bella raised an eyebrow trying to hold her laugh. "Should i help?" Charlie jumped at her voice almost dropping thw pancake on the floor. "Jezus Bella... Nope. Im doing just fine." He flipped the pancake to prove he was doing alright but it fell on the floor before he could catch it. Bella laughed and pushed him out of the kitchen taking over.

Bella finished making the pancakes and called Charlie to come eat. He came in grumbling. "Well should have thought of something else then cooking." He sat down at the table as Bella put two plates down shaking her head laughing. "The thought that you tried for me is enough." She said as she put a glass of water for her and a beer for Charlie on the table. She sat down eating her pancakes.

Charlie cleared the table when they finished wanting to atleast do something and not put much pressure on Bella. They moved to the livingroom watching a movie. The night went by quickly. Soon the sun came up and Bella was woken up by a car honk outside her window. She got out of bed seeing Edward leaning against his car. Seeing that seemed familiar to her in a way but she couldnt remember. She got ready quickly walking downstairs to the kitchen. Charlie was already at work so she didnt have to worry about making breakfast for him. He probably bought something at the diner to eat. She grabbed an apple before grabbing her coat and backpack walking outside. "Hey." She greeted him and got in the car as he opened the door. He walked around the car to his getting in. "Where are we going?" She looked at Edward. He started the car feeling a little nervous about telling her his secret again. "We're going for a walk in the woods." Bella nodded turning her head to look out of the window. It was almost not noticable but his behaviour was a little different then usual but she didnt question it. She watched the endless line of trees go by.

A little while later the car stopped. Edward turned the car off and sat in silence for a minute before getting out. Bella got out of the car feeling a little nervous because of Edwards behaviour. It was making her anxious. Edward looked her way and nodded his head towards the forest hinting her to follow him. He walked slowly into the forest with Bella following after him.

Edward stopped when they were not too far into the forest from civilization but far enough to know that no one would come there. "Why are we here?" Bella asked quietly as she looked around her. "I have something to tell you. Its a secret of my family and i that no one is supposed to know." He paused for a second looking at her. "You knew about this but... you dont remember it..." He hesitated because he wasnt sure what her reaction would be. The first time she found out she confronted him. This time he has to tell her himself.

He took a deep breath eventhough that wasnt necessary. "Bella... Me and my family... We're vampires." He watched her reaction as he told her that but her face was expressionless. Suddenly she groaned in pain holding her head. The pain got worse by the second and she fell to her knees. Edward was at her side instantly holding her close to him. "Bella?! Are you okay?!" He was worried because she suddenly started feeling pain. He placed his hand on her forehead hoping to atleast help ease her pain.

Bella passed out suddenly into his arms. Edward picked her up and walked back to the car beating himself up for telling her. He believed that it was his fault she was suffering now. He drove her to his house to let Carlisle take a look at her. Maybe he would know why. He drove fast, which wasnt a problem for him. When he got to his house he got out and gently picked her up again. Walking into the house he was instantly met with Alice and Carlisle at the front door. Ofcourse Alice saw this coming and was prepared before he arrived.

"She is fine Edward. I saw what happened. It wasnt your fault." She was smiling very excited. Edward tried to read her mind but she was distracting herself not to think of her vision. "You'll see when she wakes up." She skipped back into the house leaving Edward withany questions. Carlisle shrugged his shoulders as Edward looked at him silently asking if he knew. "Alice didnt tell me everything. She only told me what happened until Bella passed out." He motioned for Edward to follow him so he could take a look at Bella.
Edward sat next to her the whole time during the check up and now waiting until she wakes up.

A few hours later Bella woke up her eyes slowly opening. She recognized the room as Carlisle's office slowly sitting up holding her head. Her eyes widened snapping her head up. "Bella?" Edward asked cautiously seeing her expression thinking she was terrified of being in a room she didnt recognize. Bella turned her head to Edward taking in every detail. She realised that she recognised him. The room she was in. The paintings in the room. Getting tears in her eyes she jumped off the bed and yhrew her arms around him. "I remember Edward. I remember." She whispered feeling very emotional. Ofcourse Edward heard her having vampire hearing and hugged her tight. "Oh Bella..." He was overjoyed hearing those words. They stayed in each others arms for a while before disappearing to Edwards room.

They didnt speak much just enjoying each others company. None of the Cullens disturbing them. Carlisle did inform Charlie of Bella getting her memories back. He wanted to come over immediately but Carlisle convinced him not to as Edward and Bella were quite inseperable at the moment. He would see Bella at home so he agreed reluctantly. The day went by smoothly. Edward drove her home a permanent smile on his face.

Charlie was very happy to hear of her recovery and took her out for dinner to celebrate. They watched some TV when they got home. At 10 pm Bella went to her room seeing Edward already on her bed. She changed into her pajamas first, in the bathroom, then happily joined Edward on the bed wrapped in blankets. She fell asleep moving closer to Edward, who was holding her tight in his arms afraid something like that accident would happen again.

Edward would keep her in his sight and protect her until she was changed. He gently stroked her cheek warching her sleep peacefully. The night went by slowly with just the two of them in each others arms.