Good times after bad times

Kate looked out of the window at the snow covered ground. After what happened with the volturi it was pretty quiet and peaceful right now. Everyone went back to their own homes. Kate and her family went back to their own home in Alaska. Garrett came with them as he was her mate.

She got a little smirk hearing Garrett coming up the stairs. As his hands made their way to waist she gave him a little shock just for the fun of it. He pulled his hands back and looked at Kate hearing her laugh. "We're playing it that way huh?" He looked amused wrapping his arms around her. This time he didnt get shocked.

Looking back out of the window she leaned her back against his chest. "Its beautiful isnt it?" She referred to the snow outside. He looked at snow she found so pretty. "This snow has got nothing on your beauty." She chuckled and shocked him with her finger at the cheesy comment.

"Come on." He stepped back and took her hand leading her downstairs. "Where are we going?" She looked at him feeling confused. "Outside." He said excitement clear in his voice. Carmen, Eleazar and Tanya looked at then as the walked outside and looked at each other. Garrett let go of her hand and scooped up some snow shaping it into a ball.

"Dont you dare." Kate glared pointing her finger at him realising what he was thinking. He smirked holding the snowball. "Im just holding a snowball." Kate was so focused on Garrett she didnt notice a snowball was going to hit her in a minute from behind. As the snowball hit her she looked behind her glaring at the person who threw it. Guess who it was? Tanya. She looked at her amused laughing at her. As she was turned Garrett threw his snowball this one hitting her head. He bursted out laughing at her snow covered head.

Scooping up some snow she shaped it into a ball and threw it at Tanya. Having thrown that started an all out snowball war between them. Carmed and Eleazar stood at the door watching them untill Eleazar felt something wet hit him and looked at Carmen who looked at him. "What? We cant just stand here and watch them." She walked out into the snow backwards. Eleazar sighed and followed her out into the snow.

An hour later everyone was covered in snow sopping wet. They looked at each other and bursted out laughing. "I dont know about you guys but this is so uncomfortable." Garrett spoke up wringing out the edge of his sweater. They all nodded and walked back inside. Garrett looked at Kate and lifted her over his shoulder just for the fun of it and walked inside chuckling at her protests.