2. When Boyfriends Come To Visit

-----------

-----------

Hozier - Cherry  Wine

"The way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine
Open hand or closed fist would be fine
The blood is rare and sweet as cherry wine."

HOLDEN STARED AT HIS OLDER BROTHER IN CONFUSION. He was pretty clear to tell Damon to come back with Izzie and yet here he was - all alone, drinking. "You hadn't called me in two weeks," Holden commented as Jeremy decided to give them space so he went upstairs and into his bedroom.

Damon downed his shot before going to sit down on the couch. Holden saw how stressed deep inside Damon was, but he acted like his usual self. "Because I've been really busy. I was close to finding her."

"And you just gave up?" Holden asked while shaking his head and going to sit down in front of Damon. He really wanted to tell Damon about their younger brother, but also he wanted to hear what Damon had been doing the whole summer.

Damon just glared at Holden. "I didn't give up. I actually found Allison..."

Holden hated how silent Damon became so he rolled his eyes. "And what then?!"

The oldest Salvatore pursed his lips as his tired blue eyes met Holden's confused ones. "This is confusing even to me. So, seven days ago I got news Allison is actually living in Atlanta."

Holden furrowed his eyebrows. "She's always lived there. So, you're saying she actually took Izzie back home?" he asked impatiently so Damon glared at him to shut up.

"Cut me off one more time and I'm done telling you," Damon snapped so Holden sat back in his seat before listening quietly yet nervously. "I went to her house and she was really surprised when I told her who I am. I, of course, demanded her to bring Izzie but she told me Izzie's in Mystic Falls."

Holden widened his eyes as he stared at Damon, not understanding a thing about that. "Yeah, my reaction was similar to yours, Holden. I thought she lied so I got the truth in my own way."

"What did you do to Allison?"

"Nothing, if that's what worries you," Damon answered, offended that Holden would think Damon would hurt Izzie's mother. All summer he tried to get the woman he was in love with back only to find the harsh truth. Or so he thought. "Allison didn't take Izzie away. I think Izzie was the one to leave by her own."

Holden shook his head. "No, I remember I called Allison and she answered the call. She was the one to take Izzie away. That doesn't make sense at all, Damon," Holden stood up as he looked at his older brother.