22.2 End Me

-----------

-----------

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know

"And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go?"

HOLDEN SALVATORE WAS A GOOD BROTHER, A GOOD FRIEND AND THE BEST BOYFRIEND ANY GIRL COULD HAVE HAD. He had made many mistakes during his lifetime and those mistakes taught him a lot.

He lost a lot too and those losses made him stronger. He loved only twice in his life and that love made him into a person that he was.

A good brother, boyfriend and a friend.

Everything was at his feet at the end of the day and yet the Salvatore decided to stay where he was. Sane and to move forward because that was what Izzie wanted for him. And Elena wanted that too.

Holden was standing in the middle of an empty road. It was dark outside as he smiled to himself, knowing that in this very place he met the love of his life. An epic woman that changed his life to the better. A woman he'd have to say goodbye to. But just for a time being. It hurt but he was willing to wait for her.

Elena was there with him. She wore a bridesmaid dress and looked amused yet sad. "What are you doing?" she questioned him playfully as Holden turned to face her with a longing look on his face.

"Waiting for you to join."

Elena raised one of her eyebrows up and giggled. "You chose a place where we first met?"

"I should say I'm feeling incredibly symbolic today."

Holden then kissed Elena on the lips for a long moment and she pulled away. "I know how bad it is now."

The incredibly heartbroken Middle Salvatore then held his forehead against hers as Elena stroked his cheek. "Can we just dance, Miss Gilbert?"

Elena pulled away and looked at him sadly. "How bad is everything?"

"Pretty bad."

STEFAN SALVATORE STOOD IN THE PARLOR THE NEXT DAY WITH AN INCREDIBLY BROODY FACE. He glanced over at Caroline who was sitting on a sofa next to Bonnie and Matt.

Tyler and Alaric were also there as Holden entered the room for the first time that day, his eyes a little red. Damon was not with them and no one knew where he went and what he was doing but no one was going to stop him. "Okay," Holden spoke as Stefan opened his mouth to speak. Every single one of them were mourning over not only one, not two but too many people. "Let's start this. You two can go now."