21. I Need You Now

-----------

-----------

City And Colour - Northern Wind

"I'm the darkest hour
Just before the dawn
And I'm slowly sinking
Into the slough of despond."

HOLDEN WAS DEAD WORRIED FOR HIS BROTHER AND GIRLFRIEND. It's been four days since they've been gone so he, Damon, Izzie and Caroline were doing everything in order to find them.

Elena was Holden's rock and he was losing it again without her. Izzie entered Holden's room with a smile before seeing him calling everyone that he can. "Damon said he needs you downstairs," she explained as Holden raised his green eyes up before nodding his head.

He stood up and began to walk out but Izzie blocked his way with a small sigh. "We'll find them. Don't worry. But before we go down, I wanted to talk about Lauren. Can we?"

Holden pursed his lips as Izzie stared at him with a questioning face. He slowly nodded so Izzie began to say what she thought. "Before she tried to kill me I heard her say that she's ready to hunt you down. Aren't you a bit scared?" Izzie asked.

Holden chuckled before relaxing. "I don't know. I'm older than her, it's not gonna be easy."

Holden then smiled at her and began to walk out of the room again. "Well, I am afraid. For you," Izzie spoke so he stopped before turning back to look at her.

"Iz... Even if Elena and Stefan are gone somewhere, I'm finally at peace with myself. Yes, I know she will come after me, but I don't really care if she kills me. Unless all of you are safe..."

Holden then left his room to hear some man mumbling in pain. He entered the parlor to find a man strapped to a chair as Caroline and Damon stood in front of him. "A Traveler?" Holden asked in boredom as Caroline nodded her head. The Traveler then began to talk. "He's trying to say something."

Damon looked back to the Traveler before removing the cloth from his mouth. "Come on, sweetie pie."

"It doesn't matter where Markos is. Nothing you do can stop him now," the man told them seriously as Caroline frowned.

Holden poured himself a drink but before he could actually take a sip his phone rang. He took it before Izzie entered the room. Damon and her exchanged a look as she looked away with a shy smile so Damon smirked. He was so close to getting her back. "Who is it?" Holden mused as he answered the phone.

"Me," Stefan spoke so Damon and Caroline both widened their eyes and rushed over to Holden, who was also surprised. "I'm calling from a payphone."