2.2 Cherish Me

-----------

-----------

Ruelle - The Other Side

"I don't want to know who we are without each other
It's just too hard
I don't want to leave here without you
I don't want to lose part of me."

Four months ago:

THE BRIGHT LIGHT THAT ENGULFED HOLDEN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ENDING. And he was at peace with that. He was ready to die but it wasn't as he thought.

The bright light turned out to be just a light as it didn't hurt at all. Holden suddenly opened his eyes with a gasp to find himself in his old bar. He got confused as to how so suddenly he appeared in New York. Holden thought he was dead but he no longer felt like it. He didn't feel ghostly at all.

Holden looked around the empty bar before furrowing his eyebrows. He was overwhelmed at the thought of being alive again but there were zero people in the bar so he decided to head out.

New York was supposed to be loud as always. But it wasn't. There were no people around Holden as he quickly ran out of the alleyway before stopping in the middle of a road. Holden widened his eyes. There were no people in the busy streets of New York.

Holden realized he was all alone, maybe in his own hell. Alone for the rest of his existence.

THE FIRST THING HOLDEN WANTED TO DO WAS FEED. He rushed inside the hospital as his eyes continuously vamped out. As he thought, the hospital was completely empty and it was still very confusing to him. He already felt lonely and wanted to find anyone.

Holden thought all of the people he loved got out and was happy by that. He just never thought he'd be left behind.

To find the blood bag room was not hard as he slammed the door open before rushing towards  the fridges. Holden opened it as he saw a jackpot. Grabbing one blood bag, a few accidentally fell down but he didn't care.

Holden looked like a beast but to his luck no one was there to see him. He ripped the top off, splashing a bit of blood on his clothes and on the ground as he began to drink greedily, squeezing the bag so he'd drink more. He pulled away as blood oozed down from the corners of his mouth.

The left alone Salvatore then threw the bag down before taking yet another one and drinking. Until he was full.

Holden pulled away from the fridge while breathing in and out to see seven empty blood bags laying on the ground. To him it didn't make much sense. If he was dead, why would he be hungry? Wasn't he supposed to be a ghost?