14. Help For The Reckless Brother

-----------

-----------

Nothing But Thieves - Broken Machine

"I'm just a broken machine
Not who I used to be
I'm spinning out of control
Now it's time to go."

LAUREN HAD NO IDEA HOW MANY PEOPLE SHE ALREADY KILLED. But Holden told her that it was no big deal. She couldn't control the hunger. Everything seemed like a dream to her. A few days ago she lived her life as a student, trying to pay her rents, but now all she did was feed and kill.

The girl never wanted to be a vampire. She didn't even know something like that existed. But Holden made her. She couldn't even go outside in the daylight like Holden could, because her skin burned. She didn't know why he was able to.

Lauren thought the guy she met at the ball would help her but he just left in search of Holden and the girl he took. Lauren knew Holden didn't care about her and that he was such a huge monster.

She just wished to learn control. Because another kill would make her lose her mind.

Another sunny day, another hotel room with curtains drawn and Holden, bringing her food sources. Lauren was sitting on a bed, breathing heavily as her eyes continued vamping out. A young female was crying in the corner from getting bit. "Stop crying," Lauren sneered loudly as she tried to control herself and not attack the innocent person. When the girl didn't listen Lauren stood up and marched over towards the female before making her stand up. "If you don't stop crying... I'm gonna attack."

Doors suddenly opened causing a few rays of sunshine hit Lauren's hand causing it to sizzle. "Ah!" Lauren vamp rushed to the other side of the room, hiding from the sun. Holden opened the door widely, causing a lot of sun to appear. "Close the door!"

Holden smirked at the human female, who began to run towards the door. She tried brushing past him but Holden only wrapped his arm around her waist and closed the door. "Please," the human begged falling to her knees as Holden looked at his bloody hand before glancing at Lauren.

"Why is she still alive?" he asked dully before helping the human stand up, even if she didn't want to. "Why aren't you feeding?"

Lauren swallowed a huge lump when Holden removed some hair from the human's neck, exposing dried blood. "I'm full," Lauren lied causing Holden to glance down at a shivering female.

"She's full. Hear that?" he questioned curiously before snapping her neck, killing her.

"No!" Lauren shouted with wide eyes as she saw Holden lay down the dead female human. "Why did you kill her?!"