17. Befriend Me

-----------

-----------

NOVO AMOR - Anchor

"And I hear your ship is comin' in
Your tears a sea for me to swim
And I hear a storm is comin' in
My dear, is it all we've ever been?"

ELENA STARED AT HOLDEN IN WORRY. He was bursting out because of Stefan flipping his humanity switch and his mother, who was suddenly alive and a ripper just like Stefan. "Love..." Elena trailed off with a sigh as Holden stopped throwing things around to look at her.

His breathing was rapid as he waited for Elena to say what she wanted to say. "My mom is alive, Elena," he admitted but she already knew the truth from Damon.

Both brothers were lashing out causing Izzie to try and calm Damon down. Elena was doing the same with Holden. "I know," she nodded her head as a small smile appeared on her lips but it didn't amuse Holden.

"And Damon lied to me. He kept it as a secret."

"I know that too," Elena then moved from her spot. She stopped behind Holden and hugged his torso causing him to sigh but still be tense. Elena kissed his shoulder as Holden placed his hand on her forearm. "But she's alive... Aren't you happy?"

"I spoke at her funeral, Elena. I said goodbye," Holden then pulled away leaving her to look away. He walked over to the table with drinks and poured himself a glass of bourbon. "And apparently she's a vampire and a Ripper one. I guess she was Stefan's mommy after all."

Elena paused before a mysterious look crossed her features. "How much was she Stefan's mommy?" she questioned as Holden felt pain rise in his chest.

"He would have hanged himself with a mother's apron strings if it meant her approval," Damon opened the door with his finger causing Holden to look away because in that moment he wanted nothing but to kill Damon. "We all would. We loved her. She was our world."

Holden was avoiding Damon's eyes but he knew the older brother was staring right at him. "And, no, Elena. We are not doing what you're thinking we should do," Damon shook his head as he entered the room. "By the way, thanks for telling me Stefan flipped his humanity switch, brother."

"Well, I thought I'd keep a secret too if we're like this," Holden finally met Damon's eyes so Damon rolled his eyes.

"Listen, guys, this is our only way to get Stefan back!" Elena explained seriously as Holden frowned. "You can't tell me that his mother isn't an emotional trigger."