18. Surprise Me

-----------

-----------

Ben Howard - Time Is Dancing

"Hold it in, now let's go dancing
I do believe we're only passing through
Wired again, now look who's laughing
Me again, all fired up on you."

INSIDE THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE LIFE WAS GOING FORWARD AS HOLDEN WOKE UP IN BED. Elena was on top of him kissing his face so that he'd get up.

From near their room Damon had walked out of the shower and banged a wall because of the noise Elena and Holden were making. "Knock it off!" he grumbled loudly and heard laughing as Izzie brushed her teeth, also only in her towel.

Back in Holden's room, he groaned lowly and kissed Elena's nose causing her to chuckle. "We should get," she sighed and then wrinkled her nose curiously. "Do you smell something?"

Damon stopped near Izzie and grimaced. "Hmm. Mom's cooking," he announced as Izzie raised her head up to look at Damon through the mirror. "Probably some baby she abducted from a nearby village"

"How weird is that I met your mom last night?" Izzie asked as she finished brushing her teeth. Damon chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist.

Holden pulled Elena back to bed causing her to laugh. "Give her a chance, just like Izzie gave Damon one. Just like I gave you one," she stroked his cheek longingly as Holden looked away for a second. "She's your mother."

"More like a tool to get Stefan's humanity back," Holden whispered dully so she glared at him. "What do you think Romeo and Juliet are up to right now?"

"So she'll help you and Holden get Stefan's humanity back?" Izzie asked Damon as she touched his arm and pulled them off of her before she walked into their room.

Damon followed her.

"Have you seen my t-shirt?" Elena questioned curiously as she stood by Holden's drawer and opened up the top causing Holden to vamp sped towards her and stop her from looking inside. "What?"

"Just take mine," he smiled nervously as he held a shirt in his hand. Elena looked confused and took the shirt from him. Once Elena walked out of the room, Holden looked inside the drawer, where he had stashed the cure Damon gave him.

"Heading downstairs?" Damon startled Holden so he moved and took the cure with himself before turning at his older brother, who watched him with a look.

"Let me get dressed."

Elena and Izzie were sitting at the kitchen table in front of each other as they both watched Lily make the table with incredibly delicious food.