3. Annoying Dreams

-----------

-----------

James Vincent McMorrow - True Care

"And on my brightest days
Still duller than your darkest days
Impossible for me to stay."

"YEAH YEAH, SHE'S GOT LONG BROWN HAIR AND BLUE EYES," Holden sighed deeply as he was sitting in the parlor at a desk, talking to a phone. The dim light by desk lamp was the only light source in the middle of a rather calm night as Elena was sleeping in their room.

Holden couldn't fall asleep knowing Izzie was somewhere, probably alone and scared. She must have been destroyed having to spend the whole summer with Silas, if she was with him at all and it wasn't just one of Silas' games.

Damon was also helpful in finding Izzie. He was out with Sheriff Forbes, checking all kidnapped people across half of America. "No, you haven't seen her?" Holden questioned before sighing and hanging up the phone.

He put it on the desk before groaning lowly and burying his face into his hands.

Elena couldn't sleep without Holden so she decided to see how was the search. The Gilbert wanted to help as much as possible but Holden insisted that she had to rest. Even when she was a vampire he still told her to rest like a normal human being.

The female entered the room. She felt odd at Holden's choice of privacy but knew he didn't want to bother her. Holden heard her walking in so he raised his head up before seeing her wearing his black hoodie as her warming thing. "Why aren't you in bed?" he asked tiredly as Elena frowned before walking over to him and touching his cheek.

"I can't sleep too," she sighed before he pushed himself a bit away from the desk. Elena smirked before making herself comfortable on his lap.

Holden wrapped his arms around her before burying his head into the crook of her neck as Elena picked up the paper he was writing in. "I've been searching all the hospitals in miles away from Mystic Falls..." he said as Elena looked at the messy writing of Holden. "For Izzie and Stefan both, I guess."

Elena sighed deeply before placing the paper back as she turned to face Holden. "How can I help?" she asked with a determined tone in her voice as Holden shook his head.

"You should go to sleep," he advised but Elena glared at him angrily. "You're worried about Stefan, Elena. It's enough problems for you."

"But not for you?" she asked back as Holden looked away. Elena then brought his face to meet hers. "Holden, you're not doing this alone. I told you I'd help, and I will. But please for now, let's just go and rest. Look at you, you're tired. When was the last time you slept?"