20. Never Have I Ever

-----------

-----------

Nothing But Thieves - Wake Up Call

"We need another rush
Something to fill our days
It lies in wait for us
It lives on empty space."

LUKE WAS CHANTING A LOCATOR SPELL IN THE LIVING ROOM OF A SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE WHEN HOLDEN WALKED IN. He looked at Damon, waiting impatiently for Luke to finish. "Suicidal brother, morning," Damon commented not looking at Holden, who only rolled his eyes.

"That's not helping," Luke said angrily with his eyes still closed.

"Well, you've been failing for an hour, Wonder - Twin, so at this point, I can't imagine it's hurting," Damon snapped at the male witch as Holden furrowed his eyebrows.

Stefan then entered the room with a weird look on his face. "Damon, I know you're out a friend, but, uh, I'm not sure this guy's the best replacement," he told his older brother, meaning Luke.

Damon grimaced as Holden smiled to himself. He missed their chats. "I don't think this guy's the best anything if his locator spell skills are any indication. Yo! Where's your sister?"

Luke let out an annoyed growl before glancing at the annoying Salvatore. "She's tired of being almost murdered. Look. I can find any person anywhere on the planet, ok? There's just something weird with your friend Enzo. I can't get a read."

"Where is Enzo?" Holden questioned curiously, because he had no idea what happened to him.

Stefan furrowed his eyebrows before clearing his throat, which seemed odd to Holden. "Enzo? Didn't he, uh, go to Cape Horn?" he asked curiously.

"He flipped his humanity switch. There should be a body count all the way to the airport," Damon snapped before looking at Holden. "The suicidal brother knows it the best."

Holden glared at Damon. "First of all, stop calling me like that. And why are you looking for him?"

"Gee. I don't know, Holden. Vampire with no humanity who wants me dead for killing his girl. Hmm," Damon exclaimed sarcastically as Holden looked at Stefan in annoyance.

Holden didn't like Enzo because of what he tried to do to his brother and Elena. "Well, maybe he hired a witch to block whatever Luke's doing. Is that possible?" Stefan asked before turning to face the witch.

He pursed his lips. "A cloaking spell? I guess."

Stefan smiled slightly. "That would mean that he doesn't want to be found, so, uh, why don't you just drop it?"