22. Gone

-----------

-----------

Birdy - Wings

"Oh, lights go down
In the moment we're lost and found
And I just wanna be by your side
If these wings could fly."

STEFAN AND HOLDEN BOTH LIED ON SEPARATE BEDS NEXT TO EACH OTHER. Caroline and Elena were hugging each other as they cried over their losses. "I can't believe it," Caroline sobbed loudly as she took a small peak at the deceased brothers.

Elena couldn't speak properly as she pulled away from Caroline then walked over to Holden. His skin was grey just like Stefan's and it hurt so bad. Elena kneeled down next to him before grabbing his hand into hers and lowering her head.

Damon and Izzie rushed into the room after hearing the awful news. They both stopped after seeing the view. Izzie's mouth hung agape as she slowly took a step towards Holden before stumbling but a shocked Damon caught her. "No!" Izzie exclaimed as Elena raised her head up, her eyes completely red.

"They're both dead," Caroline said in despair as she looked at Damon, holding Izzie. The look on his face was unreadable and Caroline had never seen him look so devastated. "Bonnie has a plan, right? She-she said she could bring people back. Tell me she can bring them back!"

"We'll bring both of them back," Damon nodded his head as he walked over to their beds. "Come on. Let's get away from prying eyes."

Damon then lifted up Stefan's body with the help of Caroline as they took the brothers away.

HOLDEN WAS STANDING IN FRONT OF MELANIE'S GRAVE AS HE STARED AT IT. It's been almost a year since he last went to see her. The other side felt cold and he knew it was collapsing because of the multiple earthquakes he felt already since dying. He needed to see Bonnie and just when he thought about it he appeared in a dorm room.

Damon was so upset he kicked a wooden chair that it broke. Holden smiled seeing his anger. "Damon, stop," Bonnie snapped, fed up as Damon held a metal rod that he used to break a flower vase on the mantle.

Holden watched him calmly as he thought of Stefan and how hard it was to find him actually. "You said you had a plan, Bonnie," Damon told her angrily while pointing the metal rod at her.

"I did. I had a traveler who knew the right spell," Bonnie then glanced to her left to see Holden standing there. He shook his head, telling her not to tell Damon so Bonnie turned back to him calmly.

Damon noticed that before clenching his jaw. "And you lost her!"

"I didn't lose her," Bonnie argued sternly as Holden rolled his eyes. Of course he wasn't happy being dead, but the last thing he needed was someone hurting his loved ones. "She was sucked into oblivion like everyone else on the Other Side."