7. Three Doppelgängers, what could go wrong?

-----------

-----------

Ed Sheeran - Perfect

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song."

STEFAN WAS SITTING ON A COUCH LOOKING AT ELENA, DAMON, IZZIE AND HOLDEN, WHO WERE ALL SITTING IN FRONT OF HIM. Apparently, the youngest Salvatore got his memories back so Holden and Damon wanted to test that. "October 1852," Damon demanded as Stefan smiled under his breath.

"You broke my nose trying to teach me how throw a right hook," Stefan answered as Damon narrowed his eyes before glancing at Izzie, who listened calmly.

"But not on purpose," he mused while looking at Izzie, who slowly glanced back at him. "Just to be clear."

Damon could see a hint of amusement on Izzie's face and really wanted for her to be with him again, but didn't know how to break the barrier. "What happened to us in 1861's winter?" Holden questioned curiously because he was really interested whether Stefan got all of his memories back.

Stefan looked at Holden with a sentimental smirk. "You got me drunk for the first time," he chuckled as Elena looked at Holden in surprise, but he just shrugged. "But that's a trick question, because I stole the bottle."

"So Tessa just gave you back your memories, no strings attached?" Izzie questioned for the first time as Stefan looked at the girl he remembered as scared and anxious. But now she looked like she was angry and closed off.

His look lingered on her for a bit before he spoke again. "Well it wasn't exactly a gift. It was a lot to take in at once, everything from blowing out the candles on my first birthday cake to drowning in a safe," he mused before he just blacked out.

Elena looked at Holden in confusion before looking back at Stefan. "Stefan."

The Salvatore held his glass a little too tight so it shattered in his hand, causing blood to pour. "Whoa!" Damon exclaimed while everyone looked at him in confusion. "Easy there, buddy."

"Stefan, where did you go?" Holden asked him as he stared at his brother have a flashback of some kind.

Stefan only closed his eyes before removing all the glass out of his hand. "All that and I still can't remember my own strength," he joked but all of them knew it meant something more than just that joke. Suddenly, Stefan heard a sound before looking at them. "What was that noise?"

"Uh, well..." Holden began as he stood up to go and show him. "That was—"

"We have a situation," Elena also stood up to stand next to Holden as Stefan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.