9. Stuck

-----------

-----------

Raleigh Ritchie - Bloodsport

"Loving you is a bloodsport
It's not what I'm in love for, I know
But I don't know if you could help it
Baby I'm just being selfish."

ELENA SLOWLY OPENED HER EYES TO FIND HOLDEN SLEEPING BESIDES HER. She had no idea when they both fell asleep the previous night and what time it even was now. She rolled onto her back to check her phone to see that it was still morning before sighing and lying back in bed.

She always liked watching Holden sleep. He seemed the most peaceful then. And she wanted him to be happy.

Before Elena could wake him up, doors quickly opened and Izzie walked in. That made Holden move in his sleep and wake up with a confused face. "Izzie," Elena quickly sat up as the girl stopped in front of their bed.

"Sorry," Izzie looked at their clothes before shrugging to herself. "Good thing you two were dressed."

Holden finally woke up as he sat up next to Elena before raising his eyebrow up at Izzie, because he thought she'd be home with Damon by now. "Why aren't you home yet? Where's Damon?" Holden asked and when Izzie looked at him in confusion, Holden knew something was wrong.

Elena glanced at her boyfriend, who got out of the bed before putting his shoes on and grabbing his jacket. "Wait? Where is he, Holden?" Izzie asked, realizing something was wrong.

"Is your head okay?" Holden asked her worriedly so she nodded, not really caring about her throbbing head at the moment. "Stay here. I'll go see."

"Holden, you're worrying me," Elena mused as she got out of bed and approached him. Holden put his jacket on before kissing her cheek.

"Stay here. I'll be back soon, okay?" he asked as Izzie moved to walk, but Elena grabbed her arm softly. "See? Catch up or something. I love you both."

Holden then left Elena's dorm room as Izzie looked at the Gilbert girl worriedly.

Outside, Holden took his phone out before dialing Damon's phone number. It started beeping but no one answered the call so Holden hung up. He knew something must have happened to Damon, because no way he would've left Izzie in Whitmore by her own.

Holden knew where he had to go. To pay another visit to Dr. Whitmore. He looked around the campus before heading to his lab, to find it completely empty.

That made Holden angry as he walked inside carefully before seeing some signs of struggle. Some tubes were lying on the ground broken as well as the huge hole that Jesse made.