15. Stay With Me

-----------

-----------

ON AN ON - Ghosts

"Every day the ghosts are going to fly
Every way I know I'm going to try
To keep you alive, to keep you alive."

THE NEXT DAY WAS QUIET AS EXPECTED. Holden woke up with Elena laying next to him on the mattress that he set up the living room since he, Elena, Matt, Izzie, Tyler, Stefan, Damon and Caroline all decided to sleep together to support the girl that lost her mother.

When morning came Caroline was ready for the funeral as if she wanted to get it over with. She wasn't crying anymore and it worried those around her. She was standing in front of Elena, Matt, Tyler, Stefan and Izzie in the living room. "You've all asked what you can do to help. There are five day's worth of projects on here. We are going to do them in one. We can break the rules and cut through the red tape. I expect my mom to be properly celebrated and buried by the end of the day."

"Sure, Care. Whatever you need," Matt nodded his head in full support so the blonde with a calm yet pained face mused. Tyler and Stefan nodded in agreement with Matt.

"Elena, Izzie, you two are coming with me," Caroline then started to head towards the door.

"Where are we going?" Izzie asked as she and Elena exchanged a look.

"Casket shopping. Let's move!"

Upstairs, Holden was in his room, already in his suit for the funeral as he was looking through the window. When Caroline lost her mother something hard unravelled in his heart. His own mother that he lost.

He remembered her funeral day like it happened not long ago. He never told Elena about his mom because she knew he was already hurt because of his father. But Holden never loved his dad as much as he adored his mom.

1858, Salvatore Estate:

A 12 year old Stefan was putting on a tie for his mother's funeral when Damon and Holden walked in.

The brothers were so young: Damon being 19 and Holden 16. And they already had to live without their mom who they lost to a deadly decease. "What are you doing?" Damon asked Stefan calmly as Holden went to sit down on a chair, trying not to mess up his good pants, the ones he used for funerals.

"Borrowing one of father's ties for the funeral," a young Stefan answered as he stared at himself through the mirror, looking rather sad just as all of them.