8. Cannibals

-----------

-----------

The Neighborhood - Say My Name/ Cry Me A River(cover)

"Say my name, say my name
If no one is around you, say 'baby I love you'
If you ain't runnin'
Say my name, say my name."

ELENA WAS BACK TO COLLEGE LEAVING HOLDEN BEHIND AGAIN. He knew he had to get used to her being in college but he already missed her a lot. The good thing was Izzie and Damon were back together and Izzie seemed to be a little more open to Holden too.

It was a beautiful day as Holden, Izzie and Damon all drank in the parlor, talking about random stuff. Damon of course was close to the girl, but Holden already got used to that and didn't see such a big problem anymore. Even if he feared for what the future held. "Maybe I should go to college too?" Izzie then asked herself as Damon chuckled with a scoff.

"You're dating a vampire, Izzie. You don't need education to live a good life," Damon smirked at her causing Holden to roll his eyes dully. Izzie also scoffed before smiling at her boyfriend.

"Well that good life can totally end quickly," she mused as Damon widened his eyes before the two began to laugh.

Holden let out a breath causing the couple to turn to look at him. Holden was sitting on the couch, practically sinking as he fiddled with his glass of whiskey. "Oooh, someone's sad," Damon teased as Izzie bumped his side angrily before looking at Holden.

"I'm not sad, I just miss Elena," Holden admitted as Damon smirked even wider. "What?"

Before Damon could answer Holden's phone rang so he took it before seeing that Elena was calling. "Guess she misses you too," Damon said as Holden sat up in his seat before answering the call.

"Hey, sweetheart," Holden said with a smile as Damon rolled his eyes.

"Are we this lame?" he asked Izzie, who shook her head with a grin so the two kissed. Holden grimaced before standing up and walking a bit away from the couple.

"Hi there," Elena answered with a small laugh because she heard Damon's words. "So, we are lame, hm?"

"Don't listen to them. They've practically kissing every second," Holden said loud enough for Damon and Izzie to hear as the two pulled away to glare at Holden. "What's up?"

"Okay. I know this is going to sound even more lame, but—" Elena began but Damon then spoke, cutting her off.

"Anytime anyone starts with 'This is gonna sound lame', guess what? It is!" Damon exclaimed as Holden threw a pillow at Damon, telling him to shut up.