11. Last Day Of Happiness

-----------

-----------

Ray LaMontagne - Jolene

"Lately, my hands they don't feel like mine
My eyes been stung with dust, I'm blind
Held you in my arms one time
Lost you just the same."

HOLDEN SALVATORE WAS CONFUSED BY IT ALL. First,  Damon broke up with Izzie just because he wasn't right for her. Second, Elena was back at her college, ignoring Holden for some odd reason. He didn't know whether it was because of Damon or that Holden wasn't really angry at him for killing the entire family tree of Aaron.

Nevertheless, she was back at Whitmore, leaving him in Mystic Falls. And all Holden wanted to do was take care of Izzie. So when the next morning rose Holden walked into her bedroom. She was just laying in bed, staring at the ceiling. Holden saw her red eyes before frowning slightly and moving to stand in front of her bed. "Hey," he said so she glanced down at him before sighing and pulling the covers above her head. "I said hey, which means you say hey back, because it's polite."

Izzie only let out a deep breath so Holden walked closer to her before pulling the covers off her face. She groaned before sitting up in bed. "Hey..."

"Did the tea help you sleep at all?" he asked before sitting down on the bed and looking at her as if he observed her. Izzie shook her head before rubbing her red and itchy from crying eyes.

Holden mused before his phone rang. Stefan was calling but he declined, wanting to talk to the girl. "He'll get to his senses, Izzie. He has no idea what he's talking about."

Izzie only looked at Holden tiredly. "Where the hell did he get such thoughts? I know he did some bad things and it does hurt but... That doesn't mean I want to leave him. What is he so scared of now? What changed?" Izzie asked angrily as Holden took her hand in his. "Don't even say Damon is right, Holden, because I swear to-"

"I'll talk to him. I'll tell him that he's an idiot for hurting you, okay?" he smiled so Izzie breathed out before nodding her head and hugging Holden. She was over the whole Silas thing and saw Holden as her Holden again, her vampire best friend, practical father figure. "Actually, you are not the only one with love problems."

Izzie pulled away slightly with a confused facial expression. "What do you mean? What did Elena do?" she asked in annoyance.

"It's not Elena... I guess it's me," he sighed so Izzie rolled her eyes before listening to what else he had to say. "She's just ignoring my calls since she left. She didn't even write me a goodnight message, which isn't like her. I think some of it has to do with Damon."