After the War

You are Tony's daughter

The war was over, but many dear friends had been lost. Gamora, Drax, Nebula, Vision, Wanda and Loki had died. But the most devastating death was Tony Stark's. No one had been the same since. Everyone was traumatized from the war but loosing Tony made everything worse.

Today was the funeral. It would be your first time leaving your room in days. Dark bags hung under your eyes from lack of sleep. You were terrified of going to sleep and reliving the moment your father died.

Flashback:

(yaay prepare yourself to die a lil inside!)

Your dad was on the ground not moving. You tried to run to him but Strange held you back. (basically imagine Remus holding Harry back when Sirius died) You screamed and tried to break away from his grip.

When you finally did you ran to your dad, dodging all the other fighting that was going on around you. You slid to the ground next to him.

"FRIDAY, what's going on, how's Tony doing?"

"He is fading very quickly, I don't think he is going to make it."

"No, no, no, NO! Dad look at me!"

Tony was breathing heavily, his face was pale, bloody and bruised.

His lips tugged into a small smile, "T-that's...the f-first time you-you've called me dad se-sense you w-were little."

Tears began pool in your eyes, "I love you dad, please don't leave me."

He slowly moved his hand toward you, you grabbed it and held tightly.

"I love you y/n. I always have and I always will." his eyes then closed as he let death overcome him. The light from the arc reactor flickered then died out.

"DAD! Please! Don't leave me!" you put your forehead onto his now cracked suit. "I love you." You choked up then began sobbing.

Clint then scooped you up and took you to a safe spot. You sobbed into him as he held you close. You felt as if you had lost a part of yourself.

You slowly got ready for the funeral with the help of Natasha.

"You can do this y/n. You'll make it through the day. I promise. I'll be by you the whole time."

You barely processed her words, being too distracted by your thoughts.

Once you arrived you were surrounded by people, all giving you hugs and wishing you well.

You were then greeted by Thor. He pulled you into a bear hug. "I love you daughter of Stark. Know that I am here for you"

Scott gave you a hug after. "Your dad was a great man. I'm very happy I got to know him and you."

Then Clint came up to you, "I'm here for ya kid, always will be." The two of you hugged. He gave you a kiss on the head. "Love ya kiddo."

Next came Bruce with tears in his eyes. He pulled you into a hug and kissed your forehead not able to say anything. You were greeted and hugged by the rest of the team and others who helped in the war.

"I'm so sorry y/n." Rhodes said holding back tears. He gave you a tight hug, you buried your face in his chest holding back sobs. He pulled away, grabbed your shoulders and looked you in the eyes, "He loved you so much. You were his entire world." A few tears slipped down your face as well as his. "I love you y/n. Stay strong."

Peter, your boyfriend, then wrapped you in a big hug. His eyes red from crying. "I'm so sorry y/n. I'm sorry I couldn't save him. I-I should...I should have been right there helping him."

"Peter, please don't beat yourself up." you said as more tears slid down your face. "It wasn't your fault."

He hugged you again hiding his face in the crook of you neck.

"He loved you Peter, he wouldn't want you to blame yourself."

Peter sobbed and held onto you tight. Hot, fresh tears poured down your face. God you couldn't wait for this day to be over.

Soon you were in the graveyard with the rest of the team. They dropped the coffin into the ground slowly. Peter was right next to you holding your hand. You both needed each other more than ever at this time.

Once the coffin was down people started to slowly leave. It was then just you and the team. You knelt next to the lump of dirt that would soon be grass. You placed a rose on top of it and choked back a sob.

"I'm sorry dad. I'm so sorry, I let you down. I should've been a better daughter. I should have told you how much I loved you sooner. I should have been nicer to you. I know you did your best and I forgive you for all the times you've been rude to me. I know you were truly trying your hardest to be a great dad. I'm sorry I was rude to you. I'm sorry I never truly saw you as my dad until you left me. I hope you forgive me. I love you. "

You felt a hand on your shoulder. You turned to see Sam. "He died a hero." You nodded and slowly stood up.

"He'll always be remembered." Stephen said giving a slight smile.

Your newest friend Shuri then came and wrapped her arms around you. "He knew you loved him y/n. It's okay, he forgives you."

T'challa nodded, "He knows you cared deeply for him. You did not let him down."

Peter then wrapped his arms around you and Shuri. Soon everyone was surrounding you in a big group hug.

"We're all here for you y/n. We'll take care of you." Steve told you.

"We'll get through this kid, I promise." Clint said.

Peter wrapped his arms tightly around you. "We can do this."

From then on a new team of Avengers was formed. Old members retired to try and live a more peaceful life and new members joined.

You couldn't wait to take on your fathers legacy and become the Iron Woman.

...I cried while writing this...also please don't hate me, I did my best to end it happily