Mistletoe

Peter and y/n were, as they said, 'just friends'.  But everyone could see that there was more between them. They wanted it to be more too but were to awkward to do anything about it. Their friends, Ned and MJ were done with this shit though. At this point they would do anything to get you two together.

They absolutely hated watching the two of you goggling at one another while the other wasn't looking, or the blushing and giggling while talking. Ned and MJ would have to watch it happen everyday but neither of you would make a move.

"We have to do something, this is the worst." MJ said to Ned as they watched you guys hopelessly flirt with one another.

"Yeah, no kidding." Ned said. "But like, what should we do?"

"Do I look like I know?"

MJ and Ned sat in silence trying to come up with an idea.

"I got it! But you're going to hate it." Ned said after a moment.

"What is it? It's gotta be better than nothing."

"Well, you know it's like the holiday season and everything, so like it's all romantic and stuff, with the snow and whatever-"

"Get to the point Ned."

"Well, like what if we hung mistletoe in all the spots that we know they hang out."  Ned crouched back and waited for MJ's reaction.

She sat in silence for a moment, staring deep into Ned's soul. Ned sat uncomfortably, waiting for her response.

"I mean, I don't hate it." she finally said.

Ned grinned and his hands flew up in excitement, "Yes! Alright, after school ends meet me here and we can get to work."

"Wait, do you have mistletoe?"

"Well duh, that's where the idea came from."

MJ nodded, "Cool, see you after school loser."

After school MJ and Ned met up they got right to work. They hung mistletoe above yours and Peter's favorite library table, above your locker, above Peter's lockers and in doorway of the shared class you had. The two then left the school triumphantly with high hopes of their plan working.

The next day you arrived at school very tired. Just like any other day. You went to your locker and put a few books away. You then went to find Peter, knowing that just seeing his face would make you feel a thousand times better.

The second you caught a glimpse of your crush you instantly felt happier. You walked up to him and leaned against the locker next to his.

"Hey y/n." Peter said glancing at you with a smile.

You smiled back, "How are you this early in the morning?"

"Not so bad now that you're here." he replied smoothly.

You felt your cheeks heat up as you let out a giggle. You then heard a very loud, dramatic gasp from behind you making you turn around. You were then face to face with Ned and MJ.

"W-what?" you asked him.

"You and Peter are under mistletoe!" Ned said excitedly.

Your eyes widened and your face became tomato red. You turned to look at Peter his eyes as big as the moon and his face almost as red as yours.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Ned chanted.

Soon everyone else had stopped to join in. You awkwardly smiled at Peter.

"Well, I wo-wouldn't really mind, but y-you don't...have to, if you don't want to." Peter said looking at his feet.

You tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, "No, it's okay...I kinda want to."

Peter smiled and took a small step closer to you. Right before either of you could do anything else the bell rang. The crowd around you guys groaned and everyone began to head off to their classes.

You quickly leaned in and gave Peter a peck on the cheek. "I'll see you later Peter." You then went to your class.

The morning dragged on and was as boring as usual. As you went to your third period you met up with Peter in the hallway so you could go to your next class together. As the two of you walked through the door everyone giggled. You stopped in confusion and then saw Ned pointing above you.

You looked up to find more mistletoe above you. You rolled your eyes. As much as you wanted to kiss Peter this was all really annoying. Before you could move Peter leaned over and kissed you on the cheek. Everyone clapped and continued to giggle. Through the rest of the class you felt very giddy and happy.

The rest of the day continued normally. At lunch you, Peter, MJ and Ned talked about random things and the rest of your classes were just as boring as the others. Once you were done with your classes you went to your locker to put away books and get the books that you needed for homework. Peter then came to your locker so you could walk home together.

"You ready?" Peter asked.

"Almost, just give me one more second." You put away your last book then closed you locker. "Okay lets go."

"Wow! Look at that above you!" someone who sounded strangely like Ned called.

"There's mistletoe above us, huh?" you asked Peter.

He glanced up, "Yes there is."

"It's almost as if someone wants us to kiss." you said as you looked behind Peter to see Ned and MJ hiding behind a nearby wall. When you guys made eye contact they quickly ducked behind it.

Peter laughed, "I think I can guess who."

You shrugged you shoulders, "Might as well give them what they want."

Peter smiled, "Sure, why not."

You both began to lean toward each other. Peter placed his hands on your waist pulling you closer, your hands found their way to his shoulders. Your went up on your toes and placed your lips on his. The kiss was magical and set butterflies in your stomach. You pulled apart, both with pink faces and lovestruck grins on your faces. 

"I've wanted that to happen for a really long time." Peter said.

"Me too." you giggled.

"Us too!" MJ yelled.

Peter turned around to see MJ and Ned. Ned waved with a big grin on his face. "You're welcome!" he called.

You laughed and hid your face in embarrassment.

"Thank you!" Peter yelled and waved at them. He then turned around to face you. "Now are you ready to go?"

You nodded. You quickly waved at Ned and MJ then you and Peter headed off in the opposite direction, walking home hand in hand.