Fall Leaves

I'm writing this on my phone, so some stuff might be messed up.

It had been a long school day and you were ready to go home and take a nap. But that didn't happen. The second you got home your dad handed you a rake and told you to go outside and make a leaf pile.

"Why?" You asked him.

"Because I don't like having the leaves in my yard. You get them in a pile and I'll do the rest."

You groaned but went to work. The yard luckily didn't look that bad and you doubted it would take long to clean it up.

But you were wrong. Leaves kept getting stuck in the rake or would stick to the grass. But worst of all, at times the wind would blow the pile away and you'd have to gather it all up again.

You had been working for at least an hour when you got a text from your friend, Peter. He asked if he could come over and study for an upcoming test in your chemistry class.

You figured you'd be done soon so you told him he could come over. You began working faster figuring he'd be over soon.

Right as you were finishing up the pile he was walking up your driveway.

"Ooo, that looks fun." Peter said in a mocking tone.

"Shut up Parker." You said, hiding your smile.

Peter chuckled then continued to watch you. "So are you doing this for fun or...?"

"Oh you know I just love to rake leaves in my free time, it's so much fun!"

Peter raised his eyebrows at you.

"I was told to rake them dumbass! You really think I do this for fun?"

"I mean your tone was pretty convincing so..."

You laughed and shook your head at him, "You dork."

Peter smiled happily. He loved to make you laugh.

"Alright, I'm all done. We can go study now."

You set the rake against a tree and then turned to face Peter. He was staring at the big pile of leaves and you knew exactly what was in his mind.

"Peter, don't yo-"

Too late. The idiot jumped into the pile of leaves you had worked so hard on.

"Peter!" You groaned. "I worked so hard on that!"

Peter grinned, "Then you better come and enjoy it." Then before you could say anything Peter grabbed your hand and pulled you into the pile with him.

You now had leaves all over you and a few stuck in your hair. You turned to peter and glared at him.

"Oh come on y/n! I'm gonna help you rake it back up."

You continued to glare.

"Alright! I'll rake it back up myself!"

You smiled letting him know you very much agreed to this.

Peter smiled, "But first..."

You knew where this was going. Before he could do anything you grabbed a handful of leaves and dropped them on top of his head.

You jumped up from the pile, "Haha! I got you!" You began doing a victory dance. But you didn't get to celebrate for long.

Soon Peter was up too and he pulled you back into the pile with him. You landed on top of him and leaves flew up everywhere.

You began laughing hysterically, not able to stop. When you finally opened your eyes they met Peter's. You smiled at him still trying to get control over your giggles.

There was a moment happening. The way he was looking at you made butterflies erupt in your stomach. You really hoped he was about to kiss you.

You see the two of you definitely liked one another and you both knew it. But you were both to shy to act on your feelings. But maybe now something would actually happen.

Then you heard your dad clearing his throat from behind you both. You came shooting up from the ground and turned to face him, your face flushed pink.

"Hi dad."

He looked between yours and Peters bright pink faces. He rolled his eyes and began walking away.

"Just make sure the yard looks somewhat decent when you're done doing whatever you're doing." He called.

You turned back to Peter and covered your mouth to hide your laughter. The second you knew your dad was gone you both burst into laughter.

"That was so embarrassing!" You laughed.

"You shouldn't seen how fast you got up."

You began laughing harder. Once you had calmed down a little more you sat back down in the leaf pile with Peter.

"Well, now what?" You asked him.

He grinned at you then dumped a pile of leaves on you head. He got up laughing. You stood up and began chasing him with a handful of leaves.

The two of you ran around the yard chucking leaves at each other and laughing like idiots.

Peter came up behind you and dropped some leaves on the top of your head. You turned around thinking you'd have to chase after him but he didn't run away.

The second you turned around he grabbed your waist and pulled you into a kiss. You couldn't believe it! He actually did it!

Your moved one hand to the back of his neck pulling the two of you closer. You felt as if you might explode you were so happy.

The two of you pulled away. You looked into his brown eyes and smiled. Then before either of you could say anything you threw the leaves you were holding in your other hand in his face.

You ran away laughing and he chased after you. He caught up to you, wrapped his arms around your torso and spun you around. You both laughed then he set you back down.

You faced him and grinned, "I'm really glad you kissed me."

"Me too. But I think it'd be better if I kissed you again."

You giggled and placed your hands on his shoulders. "I'm good with that."

Peter smiled. His eyes flicked down to your lips then back to your eyes. He leaned in toward you. Your lips connected and you couldn't help but smile into it.

You pulled away from him, "You better get this mess cleaned up."

He rolled his eyes and groaned, "Just one more kiss? Please?"

"Hmm...let me think." You leaned toward him as if you were going to kiss him but stopped right before your lips could touch. "Rake the leaves then you can have a kiss."

Peter groaned, "Fine." He grabbed the rake and was about to get to work but then you gave in and gave him a small kiss.

He smiled, "I knew you'd give in."

You rolled your eyes and smiled, "I'm gonna go get a rake so I can help you."

Once you finally got a pile made you went inside and made hot chocolate. You then went to your room to study. Well you tried to, but Peter's lips seemed to keep getting in the way.