Banana Pancakes

Song: Banana Pancakes by: Jack Johnson

It was a nice rainy morning. Too bad you had to go to work. You rolled over in your shared bed with your long time boyfriend, Peter Parker. But when you rolled over he wasn't there. You figured he was in the kitchen having breakfast.

Both you and Peter had been very busy lately. Both working for long hours everyday. You wanted to stay home and spend some much needed time with him, but you knew that wouldn't happen.

You slowly got out of bed and made your way to the kitchen. Once in the kitchen you found Peter making pancakes. You smiled at the sight of your boyfriend, with bedhead hair and bobbing his head to a song while he made pancakes.

"Good morning," you said with a grin as you sat down on the counter in front of Peter.

"Good morning, beautiful."

You covered your blushing face and smiled. You weren't sure why but Peter still managed to make you blush every time he called you beautiful.

"What made you want to make pancakes?" you asked behind your hands.

Peter shrugged, "I dunno, I just wanted to give my Queen a nice breakfast. And they're not just pancakes, They're banana pancakes."

"Oh, I see."

"What?"

"Nothing!"

"What do you mean, 'Oh, I see?'"

"You're making the pancakes because of that song you love."

"I am not!"

"Really? Because I'm pretty sure for the past week that's the only thing you've listened to."

"That is so not true!" he said defensively.

You gave him a look knowing that if you stared for long enough he'd give in.

"Okay, fine! Yes, it's because that song is amazing. In fact I'm going to play in right now."

You laughed at him as he got his phone and began playing the song. He set a plate of pancakes down in front of you then came and sat next to you with his plate.

"I love you." you said with a grin.

Peter leaned over to you and gave you a kiss. "I love you more."

"So not possible."

The two of you sat in silence and stuffed your mouths full of pancake. Your phone began ringing from your room and you stood up to go get it.

Peter wrapped his arms around you and pulled you onto his lap. "Nope, no phone calls during breakfast."

"Peter! It's probably work! I need to answer it!"

"Nope." Peter said as took another bite of his pancake.

You huffed in annoyance. "Pete-"

"Lets just take a sick day from work." Peter said with a goofy grin.

You smiled, "I'd love to but I can't. Neither can you."

"Says who."

"Uh, my boss. And you're Spider-Man! It's not like you can take a day off from saving people!"

"I think Queens will be okay without me for a day."

You raised your eyebrows at him.

"I already talked to Tony about it. He said it was a good idea for me to take a break. He said he'll look out for the little guy today."

"But, Pe-"

"I got someone to cover for you."

You smiled and wrapped your arms around him. "You're the best."

Peter grinned, "I know I am."

You gave him a sweet, sticky kiss. Then he scooped you up and carried you into your shared room. There you spent a much needed lazy day together, binge watching your favorite shows and snuggling.