The Matchmaker

You were taking your dog Buster on a walk after school just like every other day. The streets of Queens were full of people as always. Some people would wave to you or come and ask if they could pet Buster, but most would keep to themselves.

You had crossed the street and ended up in front of Delmar's. As you walked your phone fell out of your pocket.

"Aw, shit." you grumbled. You bent down to inspect your phone to make sure the screen didn't crack. Luckily it didn't. But Buster knew you were distracted and bolted. "Buster, no!" you yelled and lunged for his leash. But he'd already gotten away.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" you yelled repeatedly as you chased your loose dog.

You were about to have a full blown panic attack but then you saw him. He was sitting right at the feet of a very cute boy. The boy was happily petting Buster and Buster had the biggest shit eating grin on his face.

You slowed down your pace and took a few deep breaths. As you headed over to the two Buster saw you and began to wag his tail. Even though he had just scared the crap out of you, you couldn't help but smile and his goofy grin.

The boy noticed Buster getting excited and looked up to find you. His eyes widened at the sight of you and he seemed a bit taken by surprise at first. He finally shook himself out of his daze and grabbed Buster's leash.

"Is this your dog?" the boy asked heading over to you.

You nodded, "Thank you so much for catching him. I thought I lost him."

"He actually stopped right at my feet." the boy said with a slight laugh. He then handed you over Buster's leash.

You looked down at your dog with one eyebrow raised. "That's weird."

Buster looked up at you with a face that seemed to say, 'I found him for you. Now make a move.'

Peter shrugged, "Guess he just wanted to say hi."

You looked back up at the boy and shrugged.

"Well I need to get going. It was nice meeting you..."

"Y/n." you answered. "And you?"

"Peter."

You nodded. "Well, it was nice meeting you Peter."

"You too." Then Peter knelt down to look at Buster. "And it was nice to meet you." Peter then held out his hand for Buster to shake and surprisingly he did.

When Peter stood back up you met his eyes and smiled. He gave you bright smile back then walked off to who knows where.

I should have made a move. You thought to yourself.

Buster looked up at you as if he was thinking the same thing.

--———-time skip to the next day-------------

You were once again walking Buster around the busy streets of Queens. You were hoping to see Peter again and this time actually make a move. But you doubted you would see him.

As you were lost in thought Buster began to pick up the pace. You didn't really notice at first but soon he was pulling against you and whining.

"What is your problem?" you asked him.

His tail began wagging rapidly and he grunted trying to once again get away from you. You looked up to see what he was so excited about. Then you saw Peter. You bit your lip to fight the smile trying to force itself on your lips.

You began to speed walk to the boy, making an excuse that Buster wanted to come say hi to him. As you got closer Buster let out a bark. Peter then turned his head and then smiled at the sight of his new friends.