Jealousy

REQUESTS ARE CLOSED

Requested by @haa-hurr

You sat at your desk doodling on your open notebook. Glancing up from your notebook, you made eye contact with the new kid who sat a little ways away from you. He shoots you a charming smile that you returned with a light blush coating your cheeks. You turned your attention back to your doodles but could still feel his eyes on you.

Once the bell rang you shoved your notebook into your bag and made your way out of the classroom. Before you could get out of the room a figure stopped you. You looked up and saw the new kid.

"Hi. You're Josh, right?" you asked.

He gave you a charming grin again, "Yes, and you are...?"

"I'm y/n."

"Well it's very nice to meet you."

You both began to walk out of the class room, continuing your small talk. Finally you parted ways, going to different classrooms.

As you walked into your next class your classmate, Heather grabbed your arm and dragged you away to talk. You were confused as she pulled you away, because she never talked to you much.

"So," she said wiggling her eyebrows.

"What?"

"What happened with Josh!"

"We walked to class together?"

"Oh my god! y/n! You don't know? He is totally into you! Everyone knows it! It's all anyone is talking about!"

"First of all how does everyone know? And second why does everyone care so much? "

"We all know because he's been asking about you, trying to find out if you're single. And of course we all care! Everyone wants to know more about the hot new guy and now he's saying he likes you! It's the hottest gossip we've gotten this month!"

"Huh. Alright then."

"Really? That's all you have to say? The hot new guy is into you and all you have to say is 'huh?'"

You gave a shrug then went to your seat. Once you sat down Peter, your best friend, turned around from his seat giving you a puzzled look. You could tell he wanted to know why Heather was talking to you.

"She was just telling me something. I'll tell you later."

He nodded then turned back around.

After class you and Peter walked to the lunchroom and on the way you explained what Heather and you talked about.

"So the new kid likes you?" Peter stiffly asked.

You nodded.

"Do you like him?"

You gave a small shrug. He was cute and everything, but you were already interested in someone. In fact he was standing right next to you.

"Hey y/n," a new voice said making you look up.

Josh gave you a dazzling grin and waved. Before anything else could happen he was dragged away by his friends.

Peter clenched his jaw tight and the two of you continued on to the lunchroom.

Lunch was awkward. The whole time Peter sat rigidly and hardly said a word. You had no idea what was the matter with him and neither did Ned. For the most part you all just sat in an uncomfortable silence.

At the end of the day you were at your locker putting your things away. You closed your locker then went to find Peter. But the second you turned you met someone else.