"Hey would you mind turning that crap off"

A/N - for the purpose of this fan fiction, Leo is 18 in 1995 despite actually being 20/21. I am not just uneducated on his age lol. DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A REPRESENTATION OF LEO'S ACTUAL LIFE IT IS FICTIONAL. Enjoy luvs <3

Edit: for anyone who's been taken back from a later chapter, sorry I'm editing some of the chapters to make some slight improvements to make is better plus some things just didn't add up. :)

»

Oh, how it was wonderful to have woken up for the past week, to the sound of heavy metal music being blared from your brothers room. Today's song: You Shook Me All Night Long. And it wasn't that I didn't like some heavy metal music, in fact I was a big fan of AC/DC. But, it wasn't the most peaceful music to wake up to.

It wasn't like my mom tolerated it, she was just at work already by this time and the house was only occupied by my brother and I.

Meaning, he had freedom to do whatever the hell he wanted no matter how much it pissed me off.
"Hey, would you mind turning that crap off!!" I yelled, as I stepped out into the hallways and banged on his door.

"No!" He yelled back, I groaned and rolled my eyes, returning to my room to get changed. Being in high school in the 90s is all about style individuality. When my mom was in high school in the late 70s she said no one really cared too much about being different and it was all browns, yellows and oranges. Oh, the simple times.

I decided to put on a white t-shirt under a blue, spaghetti-strap slip dress, I then chucked on a pair of my white plimsoles. Yes, it's November and I am still dressing like it's summer, you can do that in Cali. I grabbed a white oversized cardigan just in case it got colder later.

After that, I ran downstairs and poured my brother and I a bowl of fruit loops each, I hated that when mom was working early I had to mother him, mom doesn't even pour him cereal when she's here; he just takes advantage of the fact that she's not here. Lazy douche.

He then comes, practically collapsing down the stairs and jogging into the kitchen.
"Hey, I wanted frosted flakes!" He moaned.
"Oh I'm sorry, your royal highness. I'll make sure to hand you a menu next time," I replied apathetically.
He rolled his eyes and began to eat his cereal.

»

We grabbed our school bags and I grabbed my keys and made for the car, I thank my mom, mentally, everyday for this so my mode of transportation doesn't have to be the lousy school bus.

Next stop: Santa Clarita High.
I put in my tape with some of my favourite old songs and You Sexy Thing came on.

"Ugh, turn this old garbage off," my brother whined.
"Hey, my car, my rules, my music," I slapped his hand away as he tried to take out the tape. I heard him curse incoherently under his breath.

"But you know if you wanna get the bus instead then that's fine."
He put his hands up in a surrender and I smirked as I got my victory, we all know too well that 16 candles gave the most accurate representation of a school bus ever.

We pulled up at the school, my brother slamming the door behind him, I rolled my eyes, there was no point saying anything, he's going through that stage where he's practically dripping with teenage angst.

He walks off without saying a word, I chuckle under my breath. 16 year olds.

As I was walking I felt an arm link with mine.
"Hey, Nina," my best friend, Adrianna, greeted me.
"Hey Ade," I simply replied, feeling way too tired for socialisation.
"Your brother wake you up again?" She laughed, already knowing the answer.
"Yeah, it's like every morning AC/DC are performing live in my house."

"Well at least it's better than your bimbo-stepmother yelling at your dad for more money," she replied.

"Yeah I guess. Why hasn't your dad even dumped that woman already?"

"Because, my dad seems to find attraction in women who are twenty years younger and have faces made of plastic," she told me.

I felt bad for Ade, I knew how much she got annoyed by her stepmother, however she knew she'd be out the house in a year; her dad has had multiple wives since divorcing her mom seven years ago.

As we walked into the school, Jace, Nate and Reagan were already by the locker, Reagan spotted us and waved.
"Hey guys," she smiled, as we walked over to them. She snaked her arm round Jace's and I looked over to Adrianna, her jaw clasped together.

Adrianna and Jace had a fling, something Reagan never found out about, I never supported Adrianna's little thing she had going on with him, but again it's her life not mine.

Adrianna decided to ignore them, walking over to Nate to talk to him instead.

I sorted out my stuff in my locker. Unlike most my friends, I was actually going to try hard in senior year, I think they were hoping they could stay reliant on their parents for a long time. I didn't want to be like that. I didn't want to be the person that couldn't get through on their own and was practically begging for a close relative to die so they could inherit money.

As I shut my locker door, I spotted Leo. His dirty blond hair was gelled a little, but left lose. His face was perfectly sculpted, his jaw sharp enough to cut you. And to top it off, he wore a black denim jacket over a plain white tee and he wore a pair of slightly baggy jeans.

I snapped out of it, yes he was hot, but he had a sort of bad boy persona. He was a heartbreaker, he'd never settle for any girl, or so I've heard. Along side him, walked his friend, Rex. Who wasn't too bad himself. But if I'm completely honest, he was a bit too jacked for my liking. I wasn't too keen on huge muscles.

Long story short, Leo is one of the hottest guys in high school, he's not one of the popular football jocks but everyone knows who he is and every girl has at least a small crush on him.

The bell then rang, echoing through the hallway, everyone closed their lockers and walked off to class.

A/N- first Leo introduction and yes I know it was short and uneventful but it's a first chapter so bare with :)).