"You didn't have to be so mean."

We pulled up at a large house. Correction - mansion. It was the classic Spanish style villa, like most houses in Santa Clarita. It looked very similar to mine. Except - around ten times bigger.
I looked up at the house, bewildered by its size. Man, Leo's family was hella rich.

I opened the car and stepped out, following behind Leo who had his hands in his pocket like usual. I found it cute how he always looked down at the ground as he walked, I suppose it was just a small thing I had noticed about him.

He unlocked the door and we walked into a grand foyer with two staircases. Leo threw his bag across the floor and kicked off his shoes.

I politely took mine off and put my bag down, I guess Leo didn't care if he broke any of his valuables.

"Let's go upstairs," he said and I shortly followed behind him, up one of the staircases. We walked into his bedroom, it had a large dome ceiling and his window overlooked a large vineyard. It was a shame that it was so messy: clothes thrown everywhere, empty beer bottles, food wrappers, tapes, you name it.

I stepped around all the various things on the floor and sat down at a desk chair next to Leo.

"Ok, so what state should we do?" I asked him.
"Massachusetts," he instantly replied.
"Any reason?"
"I don't know really," he said, getting up again and walking over to the other side of the room towards a mini fridge which he opened and took two ginger ales out.
"I guess I just like how it sounds."

He handed me one of the bottles. I took it from him and cracked it open between my teeth, I then took a swig and turned to my left to see Leo staring at me.
"What?" I asked.

"How do you even do that anyway?" Leo questioned as he begun to try and open the bottle.
"Give it here," I said, gesturing towards the bottle.
"Ew no," Leo replied, moving the bottle away.
"Oh stop being such a baby," I snatched the bottle from him.

"What you have to do is instead of using your top teeth, use your bottom teeth. And make sure you use the molars since they're stronger. You gotta hook your bottom teeth under the cap and grip your top teeth on the top of the cap."
I then proceeded to undo the cap and handed the bottle to Leo.

"Doesn't it hurt your teeth?"
"Eh," I replied, "anyway, let's get on with the work, you can write and I'll tell you the information."
"Sounds good to me," Leo answered, leaning back in his chair.

"Ok so a disadvantage of the Massachusetts colony is that they had very long, cold winters and short summers so it was harder to keep warm and grow crops. But then it was an advantage as they got less diseases to more southern states such as Florida."

We eventually finished the presentation, Leo's writing was actually pretty neat so it looked good. He wasn't as annoying as I thought he'd be which was a positive.

I wasn't exactly sure what the time was, but I know we had been working for a pretty long time, even though it went by really fast.

Leo then turned around to look at the digital alarm clock that sat on the bedside table.
"It's 5, do you wanna go get food now?" Leo asked, looking back at me. Woah, we got here just before three, I didn't realise we'd been working for as long as two hours.
"Yeah sure," I replied. He instantly sprang out of his seat, I guess this boy was desperate for some pasta.

We sat in silence in his Mustang, we had been driving for almost twenty minutes and I realised we were now in LA.

He then pulled up to a nice looking row of restaurants next to an intersection, which Leo pulled into. He exited the car and I followed behind him to the restaurant at the end.

When we entered a middle-aged, and very smiley waitress greeted us and picked up two menus.
"Follow me," she said, as she lead us over to a booth towards the back of the restaurant.

We sat down and she handed us the menus, "a waitress will be with you shortly." She then walked off.

I scanned the menus for the pizza section, they better be big here.
"Can I get you guys any drinks?" My eyes shot up from the menu to the waitress now standing next to our table. Her eyes were fixated on Leo, and she bit down on her bottom lip, to be honest, I don't blame her; as annoying as he is Leo was definitely eye candy.

I quickly scanned the drinks on the other side, "peach ice tea, please," I requested, placing my menu down again.
"Peach ice tea," she repeated, jotting it down but still facing in Leo's direction.
"A coke, please," Leo eventually said.
"Coca Cola."

"May I say that shirt looks great on you," Leo went on to say. He just couldn't help himself, could he? I rolled my eyes and returned my gaze to the woman who was engaged in a stupid conversation with Leo.

It was getting pretty annoying, I just wanted the woman to go get my friggin ice tea. So I decided to place my hand on top of Leo's, that was on the table.
"Could you go get us those drinks now?" I asked sweetly, a slight passive aggressive tone to my voice.

Only now did the waitress acknowledge me and she shortly walked away. I then snapped my hand away, returning to looking at the menu.
"What the hell was that for?" Leo exclaimed.
"It was annoying."
"I was having a conversation."
"You were flirting and it was making me cringe."

"It wasn't even you that was cringey," I continued, "it was her, she was speaking so weirdly and just ew."
"Just ew?" He laughed, "we were just having a casual conversation."
"Hm, sure."

He then took his turn to roll his eyes, I kinda regretted coming here since it was pretty damn awkward, the only reason I came was for the free pizza, and I wasn't going to pass up that opportunity.

The woman came back over with our drinks and I noticed that she had undone two of her shirt buttons, now revealing quite a bit of cleavage.

I choked a little in an attempt to stifle a laugh, so I turned to face the wall so I didn't have to meet her gaze.
"Ready to order?" She asked.
"Yeah, could I get the vegetable pizza," I ordered.
"The Spaghetti meatballs please."

The woman shot daggers in my direction as she noted down the order and I smiled in return. Before walking away she left a piece of paper on the table.

"Did you see that?" I hissed, as Leo examined the note.
"She what?" Leo asked.
"Her shirt, she undid it."
"Oh yeah, that was kinda funny," he still didn't look up at me.

"What does that note say?" I questioned, he then handed me the note and I laughed, I saw the waitress look over at our table, seeing that I was holding the note.

"She gave you her number?" I laughed, sipping my ice tea.
"Well, I ain't calling," Leo said, looking over at the waitress.
"Aww Leo, but miss desperate wants you to call her," I stuck out my bottom lip. Again, he rolled his eyes and drank his coke.

When the waitress brought our food over, Leo said to her, "Hey, I think you put this on our table by mistake." He handed back the note to her, she turned bright red.
"Oh, I'm sorry," she shot her eyes towards me quickly before scurrying away. I kind of felt sorry for the woman now, Leo could've just kept the note and just not called.

"You didn't have to be so mean," I spat.
"What? You were the one that said she was annoying," he defended.
"So? You didn't need to embarrass her, you could've just kept the note."

He shrugged, I guess he just didn't care about anyone but himself.