"I saw you lookin' at me in the hall"

I made my way to History with Ms Flint, aka the most boring teacher ever, I also had none of my friends in this class so that was great.

I walked to the middle of the classroom to where I was usually seated, next to Earnie. The guy thinks he's amazing because his dad used to be the mayor of our town and came runner up to becoming senator of California. Which happened all before he was even born.

Yes, he was one of those kids, a kid who acted like their parents achievements were their own.

I saw Leo and Rex strut in and make their way towards the back, I still don't know how the two of them had managed to stay where they were sat; they were so loud. And I don't even know how they managed to get to be next to each other in the first place. Ms Flint hated them last year.

"Alright class, today we're going to be carrying on our topic of Christopher Columbus and the discovery of the New World, which is of course now known as the United States," Ms Flint droned on, her voice so monotone and lifeless.

"Our European ancestors only colonised thirteen states along the East Coast, which if you turn to page 47 in your textbook, you'll see highlighted in yellow." Everyone flicks through the pages to page 47, apart from two people. I heard sniggering coming from the back of the classroom and I turn around. Of course it's Leo and Rex. I rolled my eyes and turned back around to face the front.

It looked like Ms Flint wasn't having it either.
"Alright boys, I've been nice to you for the past few weeks but now I've had enough Mr DiCaprio stay there. Mr Collins, please switch with Miss Braxton!" I snapped my head up as Ms Flint, said my name.
Ugh could I really be bothered to get up?

I looked up at Ms Flint, sending a pleading look saying please don't make me sit with him. She narrowed her eyes at me and rose an eyebrows. I decided not to push it, and anyway, someone had already slammed their books on my desk. I look up to see Rex who flashes a stupid smile at me.

I rolled my eyes and relentlessly stood up from my desk, taking my stuff with me. So Mr DiCaprio must be Leo.

DiCaprio.

That's a nice name.

DiCaprio.

It's a name that sort of, rolls off your tongue.

DiCaprio

Ok I'll stop.

I shoved past Rex and made my way to the back of the room, where Leo sat, clicking his pen against the table, looking as bored as ever. I sat down in the seat next to him, he looks over to me briefly before collapsing his head onto the desk. I didn't blame him, it was practically a history teachers duty to be boring.

"Anyway class, today I want you to read the pages 46 and 47 and complete the exercises, make sure you answer in full depth," Ms Flint continued before slowly sitting down on her desk chair and readjusting her glasses.

I proceeded to do the assigned work, just after I had finished one paragraph, Leo leaned over to my side of the desk.
"I saw you lookin' at me in the hall," he said.
"Well you must have looked at me too to have noticed that," I replied, only taking a brief moment to look at him before returning to my work.

"You know I don't blame you," he continued, taking no notice to what I had just said, "I mean if you see someone hot you're gonna look."
"Ugh, get your head out off your own ass," I scoffed, turning to face him, he had a small smirk on his face.

"I'm just stating facts, sweetheart," he said, stretching and leaning back in his chair.
"Don't call me that."
"Call you what, sweetheart?"
I rolled my eyes, choosing to ignore him.

«

I managed to ignore Leo for the rest of the lesson, my, oh my, was he annoying! It was such a shame for such a cute guy.

"Don't go anywhere class, I have a project for you to complete," Ms Flint shouted over everyone as they packed up, "you'll be completing the assignments in pairs in your own time, your task is to research the colonies in one of the thirteen states of your choice. Mention the perks of colonies in that state and the negatives too."

My hand immediately shot up.
"Yes Miss Braxton?" Ms Flint asked.
"Can we choose our partners?"
"No. You're partners are who you are currently sat next to."

I groaned in frustration, continuing to pack up my stuff. Leo stood up and began to walk away, but he turned around and leaned down over the desk, his face only inches from mine.
"You're not gonna get rid of me that easily, sweetheart," he whispered, before walking off again, his hands in his pockets.
"Hey when are we gonna do this project!" I yelled after him.

"My place, tomorrow evening!" He yelled back.

"I don't know where you live!"

"I'll pick you up." He winked, before disappearing.
Okay, I'll leave it to him to find my house. But seriously, how is he gonna find my house?

«

The rest of the day went on as usual: English was a cakewalk, I fell asleep for most of calculus, Spanish was boring but I did the work, and I had a free final period in which I decided to go home early.

As I walked out of the school I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders.
"Leo seriously I'm not in the m-" I looked up to see not Leo, but Nate.
"Leo? Why'd you think I'd be Leo?" He chuckled.

"Ugh, because I had to sit next to him in history and now we have a project we have to do, and he just wouldn't stop bugging me," I explained to him.
"Well, he probably won't be as annoying outside of school. I mean, I get pretty restless in some classes too," he replied.

"Yeah, and that's why I don't sit next to you in calc."

"Hey, all you do is sleep in calc."

"Exactly." I raised a brow and he laughed a little.

"Alright miss snoozy , I gotta go now," he told me, removing his arm from around me, and tapping my nose like he always did. It may sound weird, but he started doing it in kindergarten, ok?
"Yeah, I'll see you later."

Nate jogs off to his car, as I continue to walk slowly to mine.
Maybe I was somewhat excited to go over to Leo's. I mean, he seems like he'd be a nice and fun guys out of class. Probably not. He's probably gonna be arrogant as hell.

ig: 90sheartbreak_

Lol hi, I know not much has happened but my other stories on my other account were quite rushed so yeah. Anyway I hope you enjoy, Leo is so yum.