"I'm sure you guys are just overreacting"

A/N: Before I start this chapter I just wanna say THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 3k. I didn't expect this story to get more than 200 reads lol. So thanks for the support!! <3

School always seemed to be much worse on your birthday. For starter, in high school no one seems to give a shit it's your birthday, well, they don't if you're not popular. I also had some of the worst lessons imaginable today, birthdays always seemed to land conveniently on some of your worst days in your timetable.

I had AP Bio before lunch with Mlak, Danielle had also been transferred to our class.
"So what have you guys got planned for the weekend?" Mlak asked us.

"Well it's my birthday but my mom doesn't come back from a business trip till tomorrow, so we're celebrating then," I replied.

"Wait. It's your birthday?" Danielle asked, looking up from her work and I nodded in reply.

"Well, what are your plans for tonight?" Mlak asked me.
I shrugged, "I don't know, my brother and I will probably order a pizza or something."

"You can't do that!" Danielle yelled.

I stared at her, "why not?"

"Come on it's your eighteenth! How about we go out tonight?" Mlak suggested.

"Ok," I agreed. I suppose it wouldn't be bad to go out.

"I'll call Amelie and Jo at lunch, they can come too," Danielle said and I smiled, "I'll choose the place to eat. I think I have one in mind. I'll call you after school to let you know."

Although I wasn't exactly really close with them yet, I think it'd be fun to hang out with some new people for once, I'd come to realise the toxicity of my previous friends, not including Nate, who I still needed to apologise to for snapping at.

I ate lunch with Danielle and Mlak, earning a couple
of dirty looks from Adriana, who's arm was interlinked with Jace's. Reagan had started hanging out with this girl called Harper, some bitch at our school who'd practically slept with the whole football team. I don't even know really how Reagan and I stopped hanging out, I guess we just did after the party.

Seniors at my school finished one period early on Fridays, so my last subject today was history. With Leo.

When I came into the classroom, Leo was already sat in his seat, his head resting on his hand as his eyes seemed to struggle to stay open.

He didn't even look up or acknowledge me as I sat down next to me. I rolled my eyes, well that's nice.

Ms Flint soon came waltzing into the classroom, her brown heels clicking against the floor, they truly were some of the ugliest shoes I had seen.

Leo eventually ended up completely falling asleep on the desk, it was so obvious that he was, and even though he was sat at the back of the class, Ms Flint had eyes like a hawk, she'd eventually notice him.

I rested my head on my hand, trying my best to stop myself from also falling asleep as Ms Flint drone on about The Delaware, this was supposed to be a history lesson but she was getting really geographical.

Rex swivelled round on his chair to face me, I looked up at him.

"Happy Birthday," He mouthed, I guess Danielle or Mlak must have told him.
"Thank you," I replied.

He looked over at Leo and rolled his eyes before mouthing, "douchebag."
I chuckled, "sometimes."

"Miss Braxton, Mr Waldorf, would you mind sharing your conversation with the class?" Ms Flint spat, everyone turning to look at either Rex or me. Rex awkwardly span back around on his chair to face the front.